www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat Open Discussion Forum. Join us around our fire for every day chit chat.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 AM

Default Batteries

Keeping caller batteries charged is alway a problem. I usually camp out for long periods, a week or more. To charge batteries it is necessary to run my generator. A few thoughts.
1. Has anyone tried the lithium ion batteries from portable power tools? When used with there associated tools they have incredible longevity and charge very quickly.
2. Solar chargers might be another work around for systems already in place.

You all enjoy now!

Kent
Old 10-31-2009, 11:33 AM
FOXPRO Administration

Kent,

We have experimented with lithium batteries. While they have some good points to them, they also have their downfalls. We may offer them in the future, but at this time, we don't.

One thing you could do for the times when you're going to be out there for awhile is to run alkaline batteries. If you take some extra batteries, they can get you through. The trouble, obviously, is they can get expensive. But, they don't have nearly the discharge as a rechargeable does, and will last for a long time on the shelf, whereas rechargeables have a much faster discharge.
Or, you could take a larger battery, that will take much longer to discharge.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 AM

I have a small inverter that plugs into the cig. lighter of my truch and quad, this allows me to charge my foxpro anywhere I am. I have an accessorie plug that works when the key is not in my truck, so i can charge it up at night. i have never had an issue with it draining my battery in my truck.(in case you were worried).
Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Default solar?

For a gift my wife got a solar charger that will do cell phones. Have you looked somewhere like Radio Shack? It's possible someone makes one for other batteries.