www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Photography > Hunting Pictures

Hunting Pictures Share your hunting pictures and stories here. It never hurts to have a FOXPRO game call in the picture!

Old 02-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Howling wind and very mild this morning so I figured I would head down the road and check the dead cow from yesterday and then go do a little glassing. Before I could leave I had to make breakfast for a sleepy little munchkin, making me late for the carcass. Got there in time to see them heading for a hedge row. Figured I would head to town for mail and fuel and then go look for some foxes. Several coyotes out moving, but nothing stalkable. Found one asleep by a hedge and the stalk was on. Was about 100 yards away and realized it was a fox! Was trying to find a slot in the hedge to make the shot through, when it jumps up and bolts. I pop through the hedge to see if I can get a poke at it and I then see why it bolted. Killed this old girl at about 200 yards while she was stalking the foxes bed. Had to meet a guy at my house so no time for more fun. Saw 2 more sleeping singles and a sleep pair that were in prime spots on the way home. Get home and there is a message the guy will be 2 hours later. Lucky coyotes. Off to Regina until Monday, so they get a couple day break.

Beautiful pelt on this coyote.

43 coyotes
1 fox
Old 02-12-2011, 10:33 PM

That's a beauty alright. Could have used some dental work.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Don't you need a friend to come hunt with you... hahaha.. The first pic looks like you are trying to dance with that yote...

My wife says I'm anti-social. I'm not, I just don't like other people!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:20 PM

The only thing better in calling than a coyote that is hunting you is one coming to kick your ass. Killed a heavy, but short female this morning that about ran me over looking for the little bird she wanted to eat. Kinda cheated as I had seen her and was able to put half a sneak on her and call her the rest of the way. 2 others showed up way off, but down wind. Put a bullet right over the back of one at about 400. This coyote is my first with my own hand loads. Very happy with the 50 gr V-Max. Went back home to check on the sick munchkin and the getting-to-not be understanding girl friend. Didn't get back out until 5, but was going close to home. Just about finished the half mile walk to my stand and see 3 messing around a half mile out. Get settled and let a lone female howl out. They all stop and stare. Give another one and here they come. They came pretty good to about 400 and then must have hit a pee post or something cause the two males started peeing on everything. I let them mess around for a few minutes trying to decided was to do. I figured a light kiyiyi would do it. Wrong! They blasted off like I shot at them. Waited until they were out of sight and let loose a male challenge, followed by another a minute or so later. Promptly see one south of me 3/4 of a mile and on the other side of the road coming hard. Figure no way cause he will almost run passed my truck. See another hard charger to the northwest 500 yards out. I was sitting in a cluster of bales on a hill top and lost sight of the nw coyote, but did hear him grunting and growling as he came up the hill. No attempt to downwind and he was seriously mad. Shot him behind the ear as he was trying to figure out where the coyote was. Look to my downwind and the other one has cleared the road and is coming in right downwind. He checks at 100 yards and that is it for him. On the 1 mile drive home I found a new herd of mule deer with a pack of at least 8 around them. Will be on them come morning I hope.

46 coyotes
1 fox
Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM

They're still looking good. I'll bet your girlfriend will understand a little better when you get your fur check.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM

Yeah she like that, but seems to forget how I need to get it.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:22 AM

This one was a gimme. Had planned to hunt this morning but the wind was ridiculous. My girlfriend had a doc appointment this morning and on her way home saw a coyote run off our driveway and a deer with blood all over it standing on our driveway. Got a little ticked when she said she got out of the van and yelled at the coyote to make it run away. Luckily it listened to her as well as I do. Jumped in the van and he was standing off the driveway at a paced off 320. Love these 50gr v-maxes. Couldn't find the deer, but I am sure some other coyotes will.

Went to get mail yesterday morning and as always I had my stuff in the truck. Passed a blocked road allowance and thought I saw something. Back up and sure enough 2 foxes laying 150 yards away. Jump out and drop the bipods. Get them in the scope as the stand up and as I am about to pull the trigger I realize they are butt to butt. Thought it would be a real dick move to kill them in that situation, so I let them go.

47 coyotes
1 fox
Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM

A man with a heart! That dog fox got lucky twice in the same day.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 PM

If I had been able to tell which was which I can't say I would have made the same decision. I know I would have felt bad about killing them. I like them coming to me. Just like the red from this morning. Pictures to follow.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 AM

Started out this morning just like it should be. Called in a pair, killed the female and kijijied the male back. Could see my house the whole time. Stopped at the house and dropped them off and retrieved my bag of cough candies and warmer gloves. Stopped to make another set but decided against it with the wind coming up. Went to a protected coulee and had a 3 legged one show up but wouldn't commit. I think I had a run in with this one back in December when he lost his leg. On my way to spot 3 I was sure I saw a coyote duck through a hedge row on property that I have permission. Make the loop around the block and play cat and mouse with fox and decide I didn't really wanna kill him. Got back to the rows and go situated. Started calling and promptly have 2 foxes hauling my way. Look them over and figure I will kill the bigger one thinking its the male. That one's pelt was also better. Had to yell at them to stop them and popped him at 20 yards. The pale female ran out to about a 100 yards and stopped, then headed off through the rows. Went to my intended spot and called in 2 pairs of coyotes that turned into a cluster that resulted in no dead coyote. I did miss one that was mostly due to the contortionist position I was in. Headed to town after that to run some errands and then head home to relieve my sick girlfriend of our 3 year old. On the way home I pass the stand that I passed on and there was 4 coyotes sleeping 50 yards from the cultivator I sit behind. Another was out in the field eying up a herd of deer. Plan on being there in the morning.

49 coyotes
2 fox