www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Photography > Hunting Pictures

Hunting Pictures Share your hunting pictures and stories here. It never hurts to have a FOXPRO game call in the picture!

Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 PM

Default Saskatchewan Coyotes

The first one is my first big day. Called in 8 in 4 sets and got 4 of them. Would have gotten more, but 5 came in in one set! The second is my longest running shot. 453 yards on a dead run with 5 witnesses! Luck?! When I can figure out how to make the picture size smaller on my computer I will post more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jan 2007.jpg (92.8 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg oct 22-24-2009#3.jpg (52.5 KB, 256 views)
Old 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM

Good shoot'n!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:58 AM

This is the first load I sent onto NAFA on Monday morning and then my two afternoon stands on Monday. The weather is very warm here and you only get about and hour and a half or two hours that they will respond. But they respond well in that time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pelts 2-comp.jpg (55.9 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg Pelts 5-comp.jpg (52.9 KB, 175 views)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM

At 53 on the season. 36 stretched, 11 mangy, and 6 shot up to bad.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:46 PM

The fur looks good. I hope the prices go up.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:15 PM

There was an internet auction on January 9th or something at the NAFA and the average coyote was $37 and change. Mind you this was only large and xlarge selections. I just saw today that the Furharvesters Auction in North Bay, Ont had one right around the same time and the average on coyote was $31 and change. That makes it worthwhile. That and the $20 bounty we have this year.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Wow, $20 a pop ain't bad. My county doesn't have a bounty.
Romans 1:16
Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 PM

Just got my auction results back on the lot pictured above. Had a 33.34 avg through the whole bunch. There were 6 that were small or damaged that I knew about, and they brought the avg down from 38. Was very happy with 3 going over 50.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:40 AM

wow..... i wish we could sell them for that price.... we get 25 tops around south dakota....
Old 03-16-2010, 12:56 PM

Nice! Way to wack and stack the numbers. I've had my FX3 for almost a year and have shot 22 coyotes in about 10-11 outings. I shot more that I couldn't find in the sage brush or ran off, but overall I am more than pleased with the FX3. Here is a smattering of pix that I took while in the field.

First, my hunting rig. I have new Kolpin dbl gun rack on the front so that makes the rough terrain I hunt easier to take the bumps. The ranches I hunt on are so spread out that I divide them into quadrants and hunt them with the ATV so that I can walk into the best areas, hunt them and move on to the next quadrant. This seems to help lessen the pressure I put on them hunting all the time. I also am checking cow/calf pairs while hunting so I can really cover the mileage and push the dogs off the cows while they are calving. Next couple pix are some successes with the FX3.

And lastly, the calf killers that were. Late on Sat. as I was heading back in, I noticed some Ravens on a new calf kill, so instead of firing up my ATV and driving over to the carcass, I stealthily cut the distance down by crawling though the sage, using cows as a sight blocker, and got to within about 200 yds. I noticed there were 2 coyotes on the calf, but getting dark quickly. The one dominant dog didn't want the other one feeding but it kept trying to steal a piece of meat, so I waited until they lined up and let 'em have it - got both with one shot. The back dog took the most damage as the first dog got the pass-thru, but opened up on the back dog. Needless to say, for the Kodak moment, I drug the messed up one out of the pic for sake of tasteful pictures. Enjoy and thanks for reading. Caller.....