www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Predator Contest 2010 - 2011 > Western Region

Old 06-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Default what a differnce in regions

from easter to western did ya all notice the amount of coyotes taken per region? WOW!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:14 AM

Where did you find those numbers??
Old 06-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Kyote, I wonder what the numbers are when you compare the number of animals taken per hunter within each region. To go even further it could be broken down as to species ie: bobcat, redfox, greyfox, coyote, etc.

Anybody here a "numbers" person? It would be an interesting and informative post. hint-hint!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Where did you find those numbers??

http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/...ead.php?t=3694

these are the numbers I was talking about. Holly crap. hardly a coyote taken in the east while a bunch were wacked out west. I know there are coyotes out east. but the folks there have to learn how to hunt/call them in. and I believe tactics are differnt for the east then the west. not all of them. but, some. I know not as many coyotes as out west. but still I think it is new to all out east.don't know just sayin.

Last edited by Kyote; 06-21-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:56 AM
FPMikeK

http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/...ead.php?t=3648

Coyotes:399
Fox: 226
Raccoon: 135
Bobcat: 46
Badgers: 4
Mountain Lion: 1

Those were the total kills for this years contest. Out of those 399 Coyotes, only 13 were killed in the East. There's some food for thought. :P
Old 06-21-2011, 03:23 PM

We have too many coyotes and too few deer out here in the West.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPMikeK View Post
http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/...ead.php?t=3648

Coyotes:399
Fox: 226
Raccoon: 135
Bobcat: 46
Badgers: 4
Mountain Lion: 1

Those were the total kills for this years contest. Out of those 399 Coyotes, only 13 were killed in the East. There's some food for thought. :P
wow! 13 shot in the east out of 399.
maybe next year the contest makers could ask that all hunters/ callers please note animals that also came into the call are that were seen but not killed and see where the numbers go. would be interesting.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
We have too many coyotes and too few deer out here in the West.
the population does seem to have declined. (deer) while predators are on the rise. antelope and even elk have been struck by the meat eaters.
my state repopulated the state in areas that were void of Mt. lions with mom's, cubs and mates, then we reintroduced wolves, and there is talk about bringing the grizzly bear back.
I know 1st hand about the mt. lions and several areas where they were brought to and turned loose. and that was in 1985. the mule deer were in abundance, huge herds, strong herds, and for the most part unhunted by man. in a 300 mile drive I would see animals (deer) every where. and a lot of times in the middle of the road giving me deer in the headlights look. and the rabbits. jeeese! hundereds of thousands of jacks and white tail you could not avoid hitting them with the vechicle.
with in years I noticed the decline of the deer and rabbits. game department said it was do to droughts. (BS) by 2005 the same drive. no rabbits no deer.
for the most part. every now and then I would see one lone deer are a rabbit scurring from bush to bush. I found more big track of the cats then anything else.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Kyote, I know what your saying. Here in Utah I have seen the exact same thing happen. They said, the same thing drought, and winter kill. I'm not doubting that but, I think it's mostly because of Mt. Lions primarily. We have a huge population of Mt. Lions in Utah and there main meal is Venison. Where there is Deer you will find Mt. Lions.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 AM

Default Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyote View Post
the population does seem to have declined. (deer) while predators are on the rise. antelope and even elk have been struck by the meat eaters.
my state repopulated the state in areas that were void of Mt. lions with mom's, cubs and mates, then we reintroduced wolves, and there is talk about bringing the grizzly bear back.
I know 1st hand about the mt. lions and several areas where they were brought to and turned loose. and that was in 1985. the mule deer were in abundance, huge herds, strong herds, and for the most part unhunted by man. in a 300 mile drive I would see animals (deer) every where. and a lot of times in the middle of the road giving me deer in the headlights look. and the rabbits. jeeese! hundereds of thousands of jacks and white tail you could not avoid hitting them with the vechicle.
with in years I noticed the decline of the deer and rabbits. game department said it was do to droughts. (BS) by 2005 the same drive. no rabbits no deer.
for the most part. every now and then I would see one lone deer are a rabbit scurring from bush to bush. I found more big track of the cats then anything else.
I used to be a hard core lion hunter. It started out to save the deer, antelope, and elk. Then into a passion. Since then I do and suggest that everyone out in the hills get a lion tag. Kill them whenever you can.
M