www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Big Game Hunting

Big Game Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about big game hunting here. Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Bigfoot, or whatever else we may have missed.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 PM

Default What meat grinder????

Any recommendations on a meat grinder? Looking at a BassPro or Cabela's. my needs are only for a few deer a seasons. How big will do the job, comfortably? I don't think I need the biggest and I don't want a small one.
1der
Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 PM

If you decide on one I would check Amazon out before bass pro or cabelas, I seem to find better deals on there. Just bought a meat slicer for doing jerky and it was 30 dollars cheaper and they had free shipping.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:36 PM

I'm guessing you're talking about an electric grinder, so my 2 cent isn't worth much since I just use an old school hand crank grinder. I go through a lot of deer and it works fine for me.
Romans 1:16
Old 11-28-2009, 12:56 AM

I used a hand crank grinder for years. Next big game animal will be ground by hand too.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:32 PM

This Torrey cannot be beat for the money. I have been using it for 2 years now, and it is well worth it.

It doesn't take too many deer to pay for itself with the cost of processing now days.

http://www.butcher-packer.com/index....roducts_id=196

Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM

If you can ever find an old Hobart they are worth their weight in gold. We use one that was made in 1939 and we still use it. This year alone we have put over 2000 pounds of meat through it and we have plenty to do yet. We have been doing this for over 15 years with the same grinder and we usually do close to 3000 pounds a year without any trouble. The best thing about them is that you CAN STILL get parts for them! Yep, it's great. Since you said you don't need anything fancy though just make sure you look at some of the reviews on the net about them. Some are straight junk now a days. Good luck. Dan