www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM

Default Fur Down with my Firesorm and SP-55

Mondays hunt was my first with the addition of the SP-55!

I entered the ranch from a different gate this morning as my first choice had equiptment running already. I got there around 530 and headed out. I had to walk a tree line for a couple hundred yards that opened up to the right. When I turned the bend there were 3 coyotes in the pasture mingling in the cows about 100 yards away. There were to many cows to even take a shot. No matter how close I wasn't going to chance a miss, passthrough or riquoche into a hefer. The coyotes saw me walking and took off to the south. I'll call from over there another time.

I blanked my first 3 stands. I walked a few miles deep into the property by my fourth stand so I got set up against a fence and took a 10 minute break. I fired up the caller and at 1 minute I've got this female trotting in at 300 yards. She stopped broadside quartering away at 173 paces. I thought she caught my scent when she turned and stopped so I let the 50 grain vmax fly.

The bullet entered under the left front leg and left a monsterous hole exiting the chest shatering the entire shoulder. That vmax was not fur friendly today...

Happy hunting

Oh... she came from the SP-55 side! So chalk on up to the external speaker!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:24 PM

That's a well whacked coyote right there. WTG!