www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Default Dog Decoys

Ok I've seen and own the Mojo critter and the wobblin rabbit , floppy chickhen thingy's but what about a coyote decoy ?

Does anyone use these ? are there a advantage in having one ?

I see them at suppliers but don't know anyone thast really uses them
Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 AM

My partner and I use them. We have a Lone Howler and a Yote. we have the Yote mounted on an old camera tripod so we don't have to worry about the stake in frozen ground. I think they are both very effective. The Yote is much easier to carry and we don't really like the way yhe legs are set up on the Lone Howler.
As to how good are they, our Yote has teeth marks on it where it was attacked by a coyote. We don't use them all the time but usually later in the season when the coyotes become more wary.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:00 PM

The yote is the one that is basically a 3 d picture of a coyote mounted on a stick ? You would say it works as well as a the lone howler? I have been toying with getting one and just wondering which is best bang for the buck.
thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 05:01 PM

No, Yote is a soft rubber decoy that is full body.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 PM

A dead, skinned, dried, smalish, scrawny coyote that you have shot stuffed with newspaper works well. When it wears out just shoot another one. That is what is nice about predator hunting...you get free decoys.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 PM

I just got one. I think I'm going to use mine during the mating season which is coming up soon! excited to see there reaction towards the yote decoy!!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:13 AM

I really like the lone howler. Ive used yote and kojo(3d cutout of coyote two sided) Didnt like kojo because as said its a cutout decoy and if the dogs come from the side and we know they hardly come from the direction you wish they will never see him cause hes a 1/4inch thick. Yote is nice but if you font shove fil in his belly when you store hik he just collapses and looks flat when you set him up. Plus.he is on a short stake and if you have snow you wont be able too anchor him. Lone howler is nice cause it stands on its own. The legs should be epoxied to add some rigidity. You wont be disappointed.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:37 AM

We have our Yote on a n old camera tripod so he is up higher, we don't have to worry about getting the stake in frozen ground, and it keeps the body from being collapsed. It is no harder to carry than the Lone Howler.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Rosefury, are you saying you glue the legs in the standing position? Could you explain the epoxy on the legs. I am thinking of getting one or a yote.
Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Iowa, yes I removed the bungee straps from inside that hold the legs originally. Then I took a heavy duty epoxy and set the legs nice and tight. Two hours and your in business. Never been in a situation where I want it laying or up on just its front paws? Now this is what works for me. Meant no disrespect to Jmac. If you prefer the yote and your tripod works than stick with it. Clever idea actually. Dicks had the lone howler on sale for 69.99. Hope I answered your question.