www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Solo or Team on coyotes...
Depends on what the goal of my hunt is, that day.

If I want a high body count... I hunt alone.
A lot of my favorite stands in fact, its pretty awkward trying to hide two or more hunters.

If I want to have a fun day, its better to have someone else (not just anyone of course) along to share the experience with. I have just as much fun watching someone else shoot (or miss) a coyote as I do shooting them myself anymore. As long as they can keep up with a good pace of course. On a day like that, after having the first coyote on the ground, its all "fun" from there.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:11 PM

great question, loaded with all sorts of different opinions, reckon I will throw my 2 cents worth in here. I almost always hunt with a partner, fortunately I have 2 very good friends that both enjoy coyote calling. Here are some advantages:
More hunting ground (my buddies have access to ground I couldnt hunt with out them)
Save on fuel costs (we take turns driving to stand locations and meeting at his house or mine)
Learn things from them!!!

Picking the right partner makes all the difference, I like hunting with someone else because I think two minds are better than one. But don't sacrifice your enjoyment of hunting just to have a partner to hang out with, the last thing you want is a guy that cant sit still or be quiet, or can't shoot!!!!!! hahaha
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM

I have called in coyotes by myself and i have called coyotes with 4 other guys on my side.. I believe u can take as many people with you as you would like and still get dogs to come in. Just gotta spread out enough and no movement is key. i preffer to have one or two guys with me.