www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat Open Discussion Forum. Join us around our fire for every day chit chat.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:32 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Default 63rd Anniversary for Possumal

Another year has passed, and here I am back on the forum, expressing my joy in celebrating my 63rd wedding anniversary with the best wife a man has ever been lucky enough to have. I want to share that joy with all the veteran members of the Foxpro Forum, as well as the newbies. God has blessed Nedra and I with 5 wonderful children, 14 cool grandchildren, and 22 great grandchildren who make our lives run right on time.

As many of you know, I haven't been able to hunt much at all for the past two years due to taking care of my wife after numerous operations and doctor's appts. for her low back and sciatica, and just when she is doing great with her therapy for the spinal fusion operation, she had both eyes operated on for drooping eyelids, and had complications forcing another operation on her left eye, putting in 15 stitches. Doing well, but now has to have the other eye operated on this coming Tuesday. As long as she never complains or quits, I'll hang right with her, as long as the Good Lord keeps me on the right side of the grass.

I had an emergency appendectomy on July 26, with lots of complications, but I am much better now, and getting ready to hunt again in early December, Good Lord willing. Just put together a new rifle, Ruger American in Creedmoor 6.5, with a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5x10-56 green dot Mil Dot. I can't wait to shoot that rascal sometime this coming week. I am excited!!

Thanks to all for your many prayers and good thoughts. Please keep them coming.

Possumal
Foxpro Field Staff
Old 11-14-2021, 01:03 PM

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Prather. Still praying for you and the misses. Good luck getting back out there. Shoot straight!
Old 11-15-2021, 09:05 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Mr. Weasel, thanks for your nice comments and thoughts. Nedra goes in tomorrow afternoon to have the same procedure to her right eye that she had on the left eye last Wednesday. I am worn completely out trying to keep up with the schedule giving her eye drops, etc, and it will start all over again. I need all the prayers from all members.

Last twodays have been picture perfect coyote hunting days. Hopefully, I can get out this week. Waiting for the Trijicofn scope, anxious to shoot it. Got to get some rest though.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:46 AM

Hang in there buddy.