www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat Open Discussion Forum. Join us around our fire for every day chit chat.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:42 PM

Default Business cards

Any of you guys use business cards?? I was thinking of getting some made and having them on hand for" just in case" situations. I could probably put some in gas stations, grocery stores etcetera. Would be nice to have for visiting new property owners also.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:26 PM

We used to and on the back, we had a permission statement we would have them sign.
It had our names and ALS license numbers on them along with our addresses, and phone numbers in the event they needed to get back to us.
Don't anymore almost never hunt private lands anymore.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:00 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Been using them for over 20 years, and wouldn't consider being without them. Done right, they speak volumes. Couple them with signs on your vehicle or trailer, and you have the whole enchilada. Just don't acquire more places to hunt than you can provide proper service to. That will lose you some you have, and keep you from getting others in the future.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumal View Post
Been using them for over 20 years, and wouldn't consider being without them. Done right, they speak volumes. Couple them with signs on your vehicle or trailer, and you have the whole enchilada. Just don't acquire more places to hunt than you can provide proper service to. That will lose you some you have, and keep you from getting others in the future.
Speaking of losing what you have, one property owner that I had permission from let me go because he didn't think I hunted the property enough. I would hit his property a few times a month. He wanted me out there every week. Property was 150 acres. I respectfully apologized and explained I couldn't be there every week.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2022, 01:12 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I try to make the landowner understand all that going in, so he won't be confused. If you can't get out there and let him see you, you can still stay in close communication without worrying him to death. I have only had one landowner in over 20 years fail to understand what my schedule and effort was all about. I have been fortunate that I have killed coyotes on every one of over 200 farms, all with exclusive permission to me. Gotta have that, or you're better off passing on that farm. Get a plan, and stick to it. I have backed completely off some of my farms, but I always explain to the landowner why and what my future plans are in his regard. They feel like they are still in control of their land, if you do that. Gopd idea to show up sometime when they need a little hard to find help. Builds up valuable sweat equity with them.