Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat Open Discussion Forum. Join us around our fire for every day chit chat.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Furguy's Avatar
Furguy Furguy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 4859'29.1"N 11043'44.9"W
Posts: 402
Default State schoot trust lands in Montana, check it out.

I was just out at the FWP to get all my licenses.
You all know how we have a use permit on our Conservation license? That does let up access state trust lands to hunt and fish BUT.
Not recreational shooting only hunting and fishing, AND.
Coyotes, gophers, and P dogs are NOT game animals, so your, are Not "Hunting" where you're shooting them. Your permit does NOT let you use state lands for that. We need to have the additional use permit for recreation, another ten bucks, permit.
I Talked with the Warden at the Regional FWP office in Great Falls. SOOO All that said when we go out and sight in or test loads or shoot gophers, we all need the recreational state use permit. You have to ask for it when you get all licensed up. Including calling coyotes... This pertains to nonresidents too.
BE advised
You decide !!!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Weasel's Avatar
Weasel Weasel is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Utah
Posts: 7,499

It seems to be getting worse all over.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin by vBSkins.com
Customized for FOXPRO Inc.