www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Big Game Hunting

Big Game Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about big game hunting here. Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Bigfoot, or whatever else we may have missed.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:58 AM

Default Big chocolate with Bow

Last year was a blond this year is a 300+ pound chocolate with archery equipment
Have tried posting pics to no avail so if someone can assist with getting pictures posted you'll be impressed.
A few details.
Hunting with a Diamond SB1 bow set at 60 pounds shooting Easton 6.5m.arrows,
Had seen this bruin in the off season so set trail cameras to see if I could determine his most frequent travel routes. Set up an "ambush" tree stand and waited, patience not being one of my virtues was the 3rd day of being perched 18 feet up a tree when he made his appearance at 15 yards at just about 1930 hrs. Double lunged him and he reared up on his back feet gave a hell of a roar and took off like a scalded cat went 15 yards reared up again and flipped over on his back, gave a bone chilling death moan and gave up the ghost. Even though I was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane lowered the bow to the ground and proceeded to my bear normally I'm not one to poke a downed animal to insure it is dead as I figure if I'm close enough to poke it either it is dead or I'm soon going to be but getting up close to this guy and seeing there was definitely NO ground shrinkage I grabbed the nearest longest stick I could find to poke him in the butt then the head.
Saw there was no way on God's green earth I was gonna get this bear out of the woods by myself called a couple of friends for some help. First one, who lives fairly close, showed up and said "be right back" and went to get his tractor with a bucket on the front, but he forgot to get the key to the gate so when he got back we dragged the bear to the fence where we became riggers and got the bear up over the fence and into the back of my 6ft 9in truck bed by twisting and turning legs so could get tailgate closed. By now the hour is close to 2100 hrs and still had to get home and prep the bear for butchering. 45 minutes later got home with another problem, how to get it back out of the truck, called another neighbor with bucket equipped tractor to offload the bear.more pictures taken and the dirty work began. Finally got skinned and ready to be butchered at close to 0400 the next morning.
A few details about this BIG Ole Boar, a beautiful chocolate brown and a huge head, my hand span is 9 inches and when I place my hand span between his ears it fits between his ears without touching either ear.

Sure hope someone can assist with getting some pictures posted to this as I might be biased but I think this will make book in Pope & Young, and maybe Boone & Crocket
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails
Browning A Bolt 30-06 tack driver
Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings

Last edited by Jingles; 08-27-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:47 PM

WooHoo! Happy to see you back posting. Congratulations on a great bear. Here is a link to various instructions on photo posting.

https://www.google.com/search?source...ures+on+forums
Old 08-27-2022, 05:43 PM

Thanks weasel but I'll be darned if I can make heads or tails out of any of the numerous sites that are supposedly available. It is really to bad that the FoxPro forum site won't allow attachments to post like they used to.
Old 08-28-2022, 03:34 PM

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...HA&oe=630FF194
Old 08-28-2022, 03:37 PM

Jingles, the above link was posted by using Foxpros link.

i

i
I think you just need your photos hosted somewhere.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:52 PM

The different image hosting sites I went to charge a fee and sorry not gonna pay. Gonna give the Foxpro site another try and if it ain't free Not gonna get pic posted.
Fox pro could make their attachment link work and save those of us that didn't have computers and calculators going to school a lot of headaches and disappointment, went to Flickr and imgur and if there isn't a site that is easier than those F it no photos from here.
Also was nice knowing the folks we met on here but this old dog is to dam old to start learning new tricks so probably last post and go ahead FOXPro you can delete me as member

Last edited by Jingles; 08-29-2022 at 04:20 PM.