www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntier fox hunter View Post
hey guys, just reading some of the problems WE all are having with this hornet and it seems a little late for me to send mine in. I would probably be the one that it takes 2 months before I get it back !! I have had mine since January so its my own fault. What I'm seeing with mine is when I try to feed a round into the chamber it gets thrown off at an angle and then some times it wont throw the spent case out. I like it to much to send it back now so I will just have to wait til next February. Just started loading for it this weekend and I'm shooting the nosler 20 gr. hollow point with good results. I found out last January the Hornady 20 gr. were not as fur friendly as reported, exit holes were around the size of a quarter and some even bigger depending on what it hit inside. Haven't shot anything with the noslers yet but hopefully they are more fur friendly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I would still call and speak with a Savage Rep.....they are ultra tight lipped about Hornet problems but I think they want it squared away everyone. Have you tried the 25gr Hornady HP?....keep us posted and thanks for your input!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 PM

no, I haven't tried the Hornady 25 gr yet. I will contact Savage but it will be after our season here is over next February. I would do it now but I'm afraid I wouldn't get it back before October 25th.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntier fox hunter View Post
no, I haven't tried the Hornady 25 gr yet. I will contact Savage but it will be after our season here is over next February. I would do it now but I'm afraid I wouldn't get it back before October 25th.
I bet you would. They are pretty quick. I would still call and inquire.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM

I am looking forward to the arrival of a 17 Hornet Encore 26 inch rifle barrel! Would be nice to get it ASAP since the season is on in Pa! I have 200 rounds of brass and 50 rounds of Hornady factory ammo. So many if my calling acquaintances are doing well on fox with the Savage 25 ! There were some feed problems they had too but Savage also fixed them! Kind of glad I went with Ghent Encore!