www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Brimmyfish...I use multiple die manufacturer's. I always have to get the instructions out to make sure I setup the die the right way. Sometimes with my RockChucker I was not pressing down enough which caused loose necks. Not saying you didn't try everything but just throwing it out there. As long as Hornady makes it right you are good to go. I use Redding for my 223 and hands down have been the best dies yet. I would use Lee dies over RCBS personal preference. Good luck...

Southerntier fox hunter : What new laws? Do they effect your reloading? I hope it doesn't wash over and effect us in Canada. We have a hard time as it is with Obama and the fact most stuff is produced in the USA. Also Reloaders Nest webpage may have some old in on the Hornet.

Matt
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 AM

At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong too. I read and reread the instructions and it still didn't help. My shell holder is completely pressed up against the bottom of the die when I'm at the top of the upstroke in my press. I'm going to call hornady tomorrow and see how the process is going. And southern tier I'll try to remember to get that info on here tomorrow about the OAL.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM

shockmattwave, roughly a month ago NY has put into law that no one can buy any assult rifles and if you own one you have til April 2014 to register it. Along with that they put into law that you can not have a magazine that holds more than 7 rounds, pistol or rifle, and as of April 2014 anyone buying ammo will have to go through a back ground check !! What BS Nothing about reloading, YET !! But it shows that anything can happen so that is why I'm buying everything I can now. We live in more of a communist party than we think !!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM

Southerntier fox hunter : I hear you...we have those rules pretty much already. Just don't buy up too much of the primers and powder cause it cause canadians to have a shortage and if you lose out on left over stock prices go through the roof for us when stock finally makes it across the border ... lol. Good luck with the battle. We just got rid of a long gun registry. As for AR's we can only shoot them at restricted licenced gun ranges and must have restricted firearms licences for them. We are limited to 5 rounds rifle 3 for shotgun. When we buy ammo we usually have to show our firearms licence which is obtained through a heavy background check. happy hunting and reloading none the less!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 AM

shockmattwave, i just got in from hunting - well skinning really, I got a grey fox tonight. Tomorrow is our last day in NY. Its unbelievable isent it ! I feel for ya and I hope these politicians wake up someday and realize that we sportsmen are not the ones to blame. It seems they only take away from the law abiding citizens. Happy hunting to you too.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 PM

Hornady manual says COAL of 1.710" on the 20 gr vmax with a maximum of 1.720" and for the 25 gr hp it's 1.675" with the same max OAL. Sorry it took so long been working alot of hours.