www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 AM

Sorry it took me so long to check these posts. Did u load them after resizing without the expander or just like normal? And when u are talking about getting a ring of brass are u talking about the bullet being so tight that some of the jacket gets shaved off when seating? And you said that it felt like you had dirt in your die? If so That could be a case lube issue.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM

I didn't remove the expander, last night I took a box and did all of them (25) Re-sized and primed. I only re-loaded 5 and had trouble with 2. Yes, the brass was from the neck from the bullet and I'm pretty sure it was not from lube cause I use the Hornady case spray One Shot. Well this morning I deburred the remainder 20 cases and had no problems with the brass and I seated my brass out from the factory's 1.710 to 1.744, they still fit in the clip and I had no issues of the bullet pushing through. My groups tightend up considerably as well. About velocity, cant tell ya. My chrony is messing up. I cant get it to read and I cant figure out how to reset it. I have the gamma with all the directions but still haven't got it.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Well I'm glad your results are much better than mine. Like I said I could push the bullet completely into the case until it dropped inside with little effort and using my hands. I believe it's just something that hornady did wrong when making the dies that I got.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 PM

you say you can push them in by hand, is that before or after you seat them ? I mean, do you get them so far in and then they go or dont you even get a chance to try to seat one ? My gamma keeps reading err2 and it wont let me get velocities done, I have read the book but cant figure it out, never had problems with it ? Guess I'm gonna have to call them.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 AM

What I mean by pushing them in by hand is when i resize a piece of brass, I can take a bullet in one hand and the case in the other hand and just push the bullet into the case without even using the seating die. I have used my seating die and it seems to be working fine, but the resizer die just isnt sizing the brass down enough. I have so little bullet tension from the case neck that if I sit the loaded cartridge down without being very careful, the O.A.L. may change completely. And there isnt any way to feed the bullets from the magazine bc even if Im very careful when chambering the round, if the bullet touches anything then it gets pushed back.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM

that sucks, sorry you got a shitty die from hornady and glad I got a rcbs. Nothing ment by that ! I was desperate just to get one, I was trying to buy any one of them. So what are you shooting now, just factory ammo ? How long before hornady gets back to ya with the replacement ? Do you know of any book or web page that carries reloading info on the hornet ?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 PM

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...Number=2270467
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 PM

I emailed rcbs about dies and they told me $75 for a set. Then I read this about the hornady dies. Not sure what to do
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 AM

Hornady said that it shouldnt be too long, but the dies are currently being made bc they have sold out. If you need info from my hornady manual about the load data then ill see if I can post a pic. SouthernTier which bullets are you loading? 25gr HP or 20gr V-max? Anyways I only bought the Hornady dies bc I didnt know that anyone else was making them. I love RCBS equipment and Lee too for that matter. I have never had any issues with Hornady stuff until now, but ive only used one set of hornady dies previously.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 PM

im loading the 20gr v-max. Up here in NY we have those stupid new gun laws so I went out and bought 700 of the 20gr. v-max and 2 lbs of powder and 1000 primers for it so I'm stuck with that load now, know what I mean ? Bought 16 lbs of other powder and 5000 primers with a bunch of bullets for the 25-06 and 243 ! Dont know what those people will do next. fxd, if you can get those rcbs get them. I know the price is salty but I like them better than the hornady's. brimmyfish, do you know the case life on these, how many times before the neck splits and whats the trim length ? Thanks for the info