www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Well said! Most people that bash the 22 mag have never used one.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB View Post
Well I have a Marlin Model 25 MN and I have no complaints at all with this rifle. It will shoot 3/4" Groups @ 100 yds. all day long. I was looking around and I don't think they even make this rifle anymore??
CSB
I have the same rifle and it has been discontinued. It is a shooter and a joy to carry.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Ditto that, I have a Winchester Model 94/22 in .22 MAG that they do not produce anymore and with a Leopold 3-9X scope it will shoot 3/4" 100 yard groups too. I love this rifle, it is one of my favorites, super smooth and super accurate. I did shoot one coyote with it about ten years ago that was ripping the throat out of my neighbors prize Nubian goat, he was running across her horse pasture at about a hundred yards when I killed him with one 40 grain hollowpoint.
2-SIG 556 Commandos Leopold VX-R 1-4X & Eotech
T/C Contender Custom 1:7" Twist 20" Barrel
Redfield 3-9X50mm
Handloaded 5.56mm OTM Varmit Killin' Ammo
Immunizing your Coyotes won't work.....
Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 AM

K22: Very no extremely good read. Thank You!! Now that you bring up shooting skills I will mention something I learned a very long time ago. I was the proud owner of a brand new Remington Model 742, 6mm. Over my first year I noticed I was very often missing with my first shot and very often the second. I would go to the range and the scope was dead on and I could punch paper very well. Usually in an inch group at 100 yds. The problem what was it. Well it was me and I read the words here so often amongst the AR users. I got that second shot right there if I need it. I become second shot dependent. Took me two years to figure that out and rid my self of that semi-auto. I have not owned one since. Except for a Nylon 66 that I just picked up for my grandson. I reckon if the "Duke" were to ask the Swede what he had for a guy that can't shoot he would hand him an AR instead of that super short double barrel shotgun.

I don't have a use for an AR, but I would defend to the death your right to own one.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 204 View Post
K22: Very no extremely good read. Thank You!! Now that you bring up shooting skills I will mention something I learned a very long time ago. I was the proud owner of a brand new Remington Model 742, 6mm. Over my first year I noticed I was very often missing with my first shot and very often the second. I would go to the range and the scope was dead on and I could punch paper very well. Usually in an inch group at 100 yds. The problem what was it. Well it was me and I read the words here so often amongst the AR users. I got that second shot right there if I need it. I become second shot dependent. Took me two years to figure that out and rid my self of that semi-auto. I have not owned one since. Except for a Nylon 66 that I just picked up for my grandson. I reckon if the "Duke" were to ask the Swede what he had for a guy that can't shoot he would hand him an AR instead of that super short double barrel shotgun.

I don't have a use for an AR, but I would defend to the death your right to own one.

I have a few semi auto rifles and shot guns but I never thought it was a way for a quick 2 nd shot just a means to not have to work a action like if I had my climbing stand and the like but I could see where some would look at the I dont need to take my time
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 PM

Quick 2nd shot????? Hahahahaha.....at my age I often forget to take the first shot!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Quick 2nd shot????? Hahahahaha.....at my age I often forget to take the first shot!

I here ya Ií am getting there myself 58 coming up quick.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 PM

K22 that was a good read. I use mainly fiocchi ammo identical to the Winchester stuff but I can get on sale for $7 per 50. Fiocchi is made in the ozarks in MO. I only use the v max or plastic tipped round for coyotes as I can get much better trajectory out to 200 - 225 yrds. I know a few that hunt er make that poach deer for the table their perfered round is the .22 mag and the #1 choice of head hunters according to the local game wardens is the .22 mag. They have a one shot deal the deer drops or they miss no tracking and no wasted meat.

My rifle is a Henry lever I wanted a Winchester but they have went well over double the price of new Henry if you can find one. For a field gun that is gonna get used I went with the Henry I love it. I can put em in sub 1 inch groups all day at 100 yrds with it

Last edited by bullsnake; 02-06-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 PM

Thank you for the compliments fella's. This morning after I woke up I thought, you know, you better go delete what you wrote. It'll just start trouble. So when I logged on I was rewarded with some very nice responses. Thank you.
While I would have deleted what I wrote in order to maintain peace on the internet, I still stand by what I wrote and will defend it if necessary. But, I truly don't want to start anything.
I'm getting like Weasel. I worry about 1st shots and follow up shots I can't even conceive.
Have a great hunting season and always remember..............a well placed shot from a small caliber beats a bad placed shot from big caliber.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Have a great hunting season and always remember..............a well placed shot from a small caliber beats a bad placed shot from big caliber.

Truer words have never been spoken