www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM

I bought a Rock River Predator Pursuit for the .75" garentee, and have not been disapointed.

"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands"

"NOBAMA----Keep Your Change"
Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 AM

I have that same set up almost exactly. 55gr vmax with 26 grn. of Varget. I was shooting 1" Moa or less now I have a Timney trigger in I imagine it's better. Pin rotation and walkout can kill accuracy. Try a trigger before you kill the customer service tech.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .17HMR View Post
I have that same set up almost exactly. 55gr vmax with 26 grn. of Varget. I was shooting 1" Moa or less now I have a Timney trigger in I imagine it's better. Pin rotation and walkout can kill accuracy. Try a trigger before you kill the customer service tech.
Barrel, trigger, and optics

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012

Hey now! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM

A good trigger is definately a HUGE factor in shooting little groups from the bench, I personally like a 2 to 2 1/2 lb pull. I have adjusted many many triggers over the years and if I can't get the factory trigger to adjust to my satisfaction I replace it with a timney. I bought a 7mm-08 this year for whitetail deer with my wife in mind, I didn't have a lot of time to play with reloading for it so I bought a box of factory 140 grain remington corelokts and hoped it would shoot them, at 100 yards it was pathetic to say the least, I was shooting a 4 or 5" group from a bench with caldwell rock front and rear sand bags, I thought well you bought yourself a piece of junk! I went home and immediatly started to handload 4 it, I loaded 5 shells and headed straight back to try them out, the little rifle shot sub moa with that very first load! My wife killed her first buck with it this year. Moral of the is story my particular rifle would NOT shoot those particular factory loads, doesn't mean they wouldn't work in yours, if you don't handload I suggest trying several, as many different factory loads you can find to see which works best in your rifle.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 AM

You need to match the load with the rifle. As I handload I test different powder amounts and different powders to determine which powders shoot (eg smallest group) better in a particular rifle. My favorate powder weight may not shoot as good in a different rifle. To make things more fun different bullet weights/designs can effect how the load shoots too.
So try different loads (different powders and weights) to determine what shoots best in your rifle.