www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 PM

Default Stag Arms Model 3

If anyone on here owns or has shot this model AR, I was wondering what kind of accuracy you were getting out of it?

Thanks
Old 12-31-2014, 06:53 PM

Don't know about the model 3 but am glad to see someone else looking at Stag. I'm looking at the model 4L or Model 6L they seem to be the only company that makes a lefty and if you look at their ads they guarantee .5 inch @100 yards out of the box.
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails
Browning A Bolt 30-06 tack driver
Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings
Old 12-31-2014, 09:01 PM

I personally can attest to the accuracy of the model 6. I have one now that will shoot some of the best groups of any gun I own!! Farthest kill that I have with it so far is a little over 300 yards on a red fox.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:48 PM

I'm right there with you on the model 6 mine is a stone cold tack driver that gray in my pic was a shade over 200
Old 12-31-2014, 11:00 PM

Stag is decent......and you can get the MOD6 in 1-8......; )

Now I wish Stag would come out with a 204 to compete with DPMS.....
Old 12-31-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimmyfish View Post
If anyone on here owns or has shot this model AR, I was wondering what kind of accuracy you were getting out of it?

Thanks
Brimmy which one are you looking at? the 3GH....3H......or 3TH?

I can see you now going all commando on the predators with the 3H....; )

The 3GH and 3TH are popular on the 3 Gun arenas....that has to say something about the accuracy/fuctionality.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:28 PM

I actually already have a model 3 and 6. I had never shot my model 3 at more than 50 yards or so until the past few days. I was just wanting to see if the accuracy that I'm getting out of mine is normal or if I've got some weak rings or something is just loose. Right now with several different bullets and powders the best i am getting is about 3-4 MOA at100 yds with a 4-12x50 Nikon buck masters scope. I have been shooting my model 3 with my model 6 lower bc of the 2 stage trigger In the model 6,but the two halves don't fit together very tight like the lower that came with the model 3. I have read on other forums that "slop" between uppers and lowers have no effect on accuracy though, so I don't know what to think.

Last edited by brimmyfish; 12-31-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimmyfish View Post
I actually already have a model 3 and 6. I had never shot my model 3 at more than 50 yards or so until the past few days. I was just wanting to see if the accuracy that I'm getting out of mine is normal or if I've got some weak rings or something is just loose. Right now with several different bullets and powders the best i am getting is about 3-4 MOA at100 yds with a 4-12x50 Nikon buck masters scope. I have been shooting my model 3 with my model 6 lower bc of the 2 stage trigger In the model 6,but the two halves don't fit together very tight like the lower that came with the model 3. I have read on other forums that "slop" between uppers and lowers have no effect on accuracy though, so I don't know what to think.
The "slop" typically won't cause issues unless one receiver is not supported when firing....a very inexpensive way to get rid of it is to fit a accu-wedge in the lower. I had to do that with a Rock River lower and a Bushmaster upper. Thats a huge group for a that rifle....

......Maybe the Delta ring is warped...; ) (thats a jk)

Try the wedge.....i know the slight play between receivers plays with some folks minds enough to have an effect on shooting.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:57 PM

I shot it again today with several new loads and even some factory stuff and it's still printing 3-4" groups at 100 yds. Idk what to try now. Lol
Old 01-03-2015, 08:01 PM

Shot my model 3 again today after a rigorous cleaning of the barrel. I switched out the collapsable stock to a standard A2 Stock to add a little weight since I already had one laying around. I had been using a riser rail to get the scope up high enough to look through comfortably and a set of weaver rings. Today I picked up an a one piece Millett integrated ring set that done away with the riser rail. So I took the rifle out and shot it at 115 yds and it posted a 1.25" 5 shot group. Then I let the barrel cool and fired 3 more fairly quickly and it put 3 inside 1.25" again. It could've been bad rings or riser rail or maybe just that I wasn't cleaning the barrel good enough before. Regardless I am a pretty happy camper now with the results and it being a 7 lb carbine.