www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:12 AM

It really does matter on the gun and load. I used to use improved cylinder with winchester premium copper plated lead #4 buck in 3 inch magnums and had the best patterns I ever saw through my 1187. But I can not find those shell anywhere anymore and switched to federal premium copper plated and was noticing I started missing and the ones I did kill it took several shots to bring them down. So I patterned it and found a very large spread of shot. Switched to a Carlson's dead coyote tube and that helped some. Dead coyote loads are too expensive to shot at cardboard so I don't know how they would shoot.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:15 AM

Should also point out, I went on a long streak with that load of winchesters that
put down several coyotes with one shot and maybe 2 on the tough ones. Just wish I could find that load again.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:04 PM

i have two hunting buddies that both use kicks light full chokes and shoot 3" dead coyote 00 buck.i know you say it only has 12 pellets but both guns and mine included will put 9-10 of those buckshot in a area the size of your hand at 40 yards ( 4"x6") group.we have killed yotes at 65 yards with no problem. the guns were ithaca 37,browning gold and remington 870 with 24" barrels.try these loads sometimes and i feel you will be surprised.we havent tried other chokes or loads as we see no need to.