www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:03 AM

Default Coyote Vitals

I did kind of an autopsy on a coyote. I think they maybe too graphic to put on open forum. If anyone wants to see vitals and their location feel free to PM me and Ill send you pictures.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:29 PM

Post them! Hell we've all seen coyote guts.

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, But when I do so do the neighbors."
Old 02-16-2019, 01:59 PM

I say it's best to keep the photos off the open board. Anti's use anything they can against us and we don't need to give them photos.

Thank you Night Eyes for taking the safe approach.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:20 PM

And giving into them only gives them confidence, but they're your photos.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:41 PM

Black Sabbath, yes. I feel that people can find blood and gore wherever. I just don't want to give them more of a reason to nock our site. I also know there are people that never look to see where the vitals are located and what their bullet do to an animal other then externally if they recover the animal. Maybe this can help someone be a more proficient killer and they don't have to get blood on their hands.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:01 PM

[QUOTE= Maybe this can help someone be a more proficient killer and they don't have to get blood on their hands.[/QUOTE]

Yea that statement makes absolutely no sense to me. Your kill, your photos, you do as you see fit. Congratulations on your kill.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhunter1750 View Post
Yea that statement makes absolutely no sense to me. Your kill, your photos, you do as you see fit. Congratulations on your kill.
Thank you, and I do its my nature. I meant you don't have to open one up to see.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:14 AM

It's already been done on this forum a few times over the years......people have posted pics of skinned foxes/yotes with terminal ballistics narrative....some were interesting only that it showed the bullets performance. I get that part of it.....But, if you don't know where the vitals are on an animal you are hunting.....then you shouldn't be hunting that animal. If perhaps somebody new to hunting is curious and wants to get a quick photo lesson there is always the PM as mentioned.

Weasel has a very valid point. A few years ago some pics were pulled from this forum and used in a anti-hunting propaganda piece.....with pics of the forum member as well. Weasel isn't saying we need to give in or hide.....we just need to be smart....; )

Last edited by XNAVYORDIE; 02-17-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAVYORDIE View Post
It's already been done on this forum a few times over the years......people have posted pics of skinned foxes/yotes with terminal ballistics narrative....some were interesting only that it showed the bullets performance. I get that part of it.....But, if you don't know where the vitals are on an animal you are hunting.....then you shouldn't be hunting that animal. If perhaps somebody new to hunting is curious and wants to get a quick photo lesson there is always the PM as mentioned.

Weasel has a very valid point. A few years ago some pics were pulled from this forum and used in a anti-hunting propaganda piece.....with pics of the forum member as well. Weasel isn't saying we need to give in or hide.....we just need to be smart....; )
Thanks for info. I didn't know it was posted in the past. Have had multiple people already PM me that knew obviously they were in the chest cavity, but didn't realize exact location because they never killed one, opened one up. Some thought they extended a little farther back or covered a larger area. Though its a hunting site its never a good think to post blood and gore.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:46 PM

I asked Night Eyes to send me the photos in a PM. They are WAY better than I expected. He really did a good job of taking that coyote apart. The drawn diagrams that you find online show the same thing, but the photos might be easier for some folks to understand.

Now he's got me interested to see more of what goes on inside the coyotes we shoot. That said......I'll leave the job of necropsies/autopsies to someone else.

Hopefully somebody will explore the innards of coyotes that run from a seemingly well placed shot.