www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Predator Contest 2010 - 2011 > Midwestern Region

Old 11-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Default I'll play again

I'll play again, but not as hard as in years past. Unless the competetive juices start flowing. Saltyvarmintr
Old 12-20-2010, 04:44 PM

Default Finally had a few minutes between deer guiding gigs

Finally drew blood, just did'nt have a lot of time to make a night of it. They quit running at around midnight anyway. I was kinda glad for it. Will make time for hunting predators soon. Thanks for looking Saltyvarmintr

4 Foxes and 1 coon
Old 12-20-2010, 05:02 PM

Way to go. Good shooting.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 PM

Default Here I come

Finnally deer season is over ! Now I can varnmint hunt again . Went the other nite and managed 7 foxes , I'll work on the other stuff soon !!!

This stuff off posting only 5 at time has a reason that I don't understand but here are the other two I killed the same nite,

The posting is a little rusty but it comes back as you get started. In years past I would wait until the very end to post so I would get up to date only once .Now I may actually get good at this and remember how to do this for the rest of the contest. Hell my picture taking is more rusty than anything. I look forward to seeing how many people follow this post. Thanks for looking Saltyvarmintr
Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 AM

I'll be watching for all the fox killing that I know you will be posting soon.

Stay after them
Kelly
Old 01-31-2011, 10:05 AM

Kelly where have you been? You killing and posting somewhere else ?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM

Salty - Yes, I am on the fieldstaff for FP now and out of this contest. I been posting over on the NPHA members contest. Having a decent season so far.

Catch you later and stay after them
Kelly
Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 PM

Well crap I thought I had gotten away from posting all at the last minute but here I go again . I hadnt had a chance to hunt like in years past but the stars lined up and I hunted a couple of nites. Here is 5 of the 10 on the first nite.

And here are the second 5 of the nite. New moons are best and you have to make the best of what you have to play with.

These are from this past weekend

And three more

There is a contest this next weekend and there will be more to come and maybe another nite thrown in for good measure . I'm just not fired up as in years past. It's getting in the high eighties now and with the bugs flying it is hard to make yourself go. Sounds like whinning but it's not I feel sorry for the snowbound hunters. Thanks for looking Saltyvarmintr
Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 AM

Default New moon called last nite

Well I could'nt stand it, I was'nt going to hunt until the contest Saturday nite but no moon and no wind I just could not resist.
This is my hunting rig and this is how my guests ride. Along with their guests ( the ones that have lots legs or that can jump. You would think that they would blow off at 65 mph but they don't. They wait to jump and crawl on me.

The foxes were coming good and I should have stayed all nite but I needed to get up early. I only stayed until 12:30 am , if I had stayed it would have been a 10 to 15 fox nite.

And as a bonus I got a nice Tom to go with them.I didn't have to go as far as I usually have to go which was nice. I don't find this many foxes this close to home. 40 miles round trip makes this easy !

I dislike the way we have to post only 5 animals at a time. 5 foxes look just like any other 5 foxes or whatever. This may be because of me in years past. Gobs of foxes in one picture are hard to count. I did'nt think so but OK. These were'nt so hard to see. Examples to follow ( notice the different poses)

Yes there are too many foxes in this part of the world . Lucky for me !!!
Foxpro sells sounds as they are listed but you guys need to think outside that box a little. I'll give you a little hint . I have had for some time a fox in distress sound which was excellent, But I can't leave well enough alone. I put two copies together with a slight offset and you would not believe what the little critters do. You can have Foxpro blend any sound together you desire. I think they think buffet when you have a bird blended with a cottontail . They only hear what interest them at the time. I never know if they want hair of feathers so I throw both and they decide. Well my Tip for the day anyways.
Thanks for looking Saltyvarmintr
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Default After the Oasis Outback Tournament

Well being 59 years young I sure feel old as heck after stayiny up for 32 hours . But that and all the happenings of the nite and contest were worth it. I hunted with Runengun and a young fellar (Tino) that did all the driving and stepping and fetching. Runnengun did all of the calling ( Foxpro and hand calling), I was there for good looks and a good trigger. I did alright in both as I get to claim 15 of the 23 fox take of the nite. The foxes were in coming funny, almost as leary as coyotes and very light shy. We used alot of the rabbit sounds and several of the new woodpecker sounds. Not to mention the fox pup in distress. Oh, we placed fourth and out of the money but did win money on a 10 3/4 lb fox for heaviest fox there.

1st 5 and TIRED as HECK

2nd 5 and TIRED as HECK

3rd 5 and TIRED as HECK

Runnengun takes lousy pictures but he was up for 30 hours just like I was at the time .

The 23 of the nite. Still TIRED

This will be my last year in this contest. Thanks to Foxpro and Mike Dillon its been fun !!

Thanks for looking Saltyvarmintr