www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Predator Contest 2010 - 2011 > Western Region

Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Default Bird Dog 3 Entries

Got up this morning to do some predator calling but wind outside was bowing so hard I thought I was in Wyoming but decided to give it a try anyway. The stop signs were wobbling so bad that I thought they were going to come out of the ground. But what the heck I just headed for the thick vegetation and put the rifle away and grabbed the Binelli M4 Shotgun. First stand I had a taker at the four minute mark dropped her at 20 yards. The FoxBang worked so fast that I missed a hard charging pass through. Wow if you hunt by yourself your going to like the FoxBang. It works magic on the second dog. Moved on and the next stand got a big old male and that ended that stand. Next couple stands nothing but lots of wind. Four stand later called in a Bobcat and and nothing else. couple more stands I called in another dog and should have taken the shot right than but it looked like I was going to get a better shot but the wind came hard off my right shoulder and that was it, he turned faster than I could pick up the shotgun and disappeared in the brush. just getting old I guess. Quit at noon couldn't deal with the wind anymore.
Good Luck to All & Be Safe

Coyotes----2
Bobcats----1
Important than that!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 PM

Great start Bird Dog. Nice cat. Been trying to get out after work this week but the wind and the heat has stop that.
Firestorm
Black jack
Jack-in-the-box
Hunt Hard, Shoot Straight, Kill Clean, Apologize To No One.... PX
Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 AM

Mr. Bird Dog that AZ Cat has some dandy spots. As I look at that picture I am thinking of all of the paraphernalia we hunters now take to the field; shotgun, caller, decoy, logo, shooting sticks, seat, ladder, camera, tripod etc. its a wonder we don't have a wheel barrow to get our stuff to the stand. I love it and glad the season is here. Enjoy your posts and looking forward to see your progress. Good luck.

Miguel
Old 11-06-2010, 02:06 AM

Nice start Roger! I'm kinda jealous of that M4. How's that EOTech working on top of it?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:31 PM

Made it out for 1/2 dozen stands this morning and called in five but only able to put three of them in the back of the truck. Two coyotes just wouldn't present a good enough of a shot to put them down. They just wouldn't come out in the open, only giving me bits & pieces of hair to shoot at. Maybe next time. All were females two were this years pups and one was 4 or 5 year old female. The one on the right I had to chase down as I took a running away shot and broke a rear leg. one on the left is a two pointer --white tipped tail.

Miguel Derecho----I been thinking about the wheel barrow, it would make it easier on my back. You got that right about all the crap we drag out to the stand! But Heck we need toys--Right!
Jim----The M4 is a new toy to play with this season and I think I am going to like the EOTech on top of it.

Coyotes-----5
Bobcats-----1
Important than that!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Way to go BD3. I always enjoy reading your posts. Every year you put up some impressive numbers. Keep up the pace and be safe.

Last edited by JRT1; 11-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 PM

This morning started off with a Double ---Two bobcats on the first stand. First one the female came in from my left at the 3 min. mark and thirty yards from me heading to the MoJo. When I shot her she sprang straight up to about 2 feet in the air and hit the ground running. I took off after her but she was dead at twenty five feet. I picked her up and walked back to my stand and went back to calling and 12 minutes later I see a bobcat coming from the right and I shoot him right at the MoJo and he was dead right there. Called in a total of six coyotes and put five in the back of the truck. three females and two males. Three were this years pups and two were two to four years old. Flat out missed one at thirty yards or less. I had him at the Mojo but I didn't want to shoot my MoJo and when he smelled me on the MoJo he was faster than me!

Coyotes-----10
Bobcats------3
Important than that!

Last edited by Bird dog 3; 11-09-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:44 AM

WOW! That's awesome. A double on cats and 5 dogs. Man that would make my entire year. There are some guys running guiding services for predators and I have never even thought of paying for that but you are one guy, I actually would pay to learn a thing or two from. Keep it up, I always look forward to reading you posts.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:11 PM

WOW thats unbelievable. good job Roger !
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM

That's a great day! Beautiful cats!