www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Photography > Hunting Pictures

Hunting Pictures Share your hunting pictures and stories here. It never hurts to have a FOXPRO game call in the picture!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Stopped by my buddies small sheep farm this morning. Mentioned that there had been a few coyotes hanging around annoying his dogs. As I am pulling in I see 3 coyotes loitering out passed his barn. I get to the barn and take a lean off a chunk of machinery. I think they had figured something was up had moved out to around 250 yards. I shoot the biggest of the 3 and it starts the spin. Move on to number 2, and this where I needed a video camera cause I still can't believe it. I am drawing a bead on the back of its head and as I pull the trigger I see another coyote in the scope. The one I had shot initially had got back on it feet and cut right into the bullets path again. I actually looked up trying to figure out where the other coyote had come from cause I didn't realize what had happened. The first shot was right in the chest and the second went a little further back and gave me a little stitching. Was gonna put in a set or two, but the wind was starting to get up and I had 4 coyotes that needed skinning.

60 coyotes
2 foxes
Old 03-06-2011, 12:43 PM

Shot this beauty this morning on the first set. Was walking in a saw a couple coyotes way off but downwind. Just plopped down and did a kiyiyi. One must have seen me cause it started barking at me. Had another come over the hill that gave me a nice shot, except that there was a cattle yard 1000 yards behind him. Not worth it so I waited and this popped his head over the hill. He was about 200 and I could only see from his nose up. Held on his forehead and hit him right in the bridge of the nose, DRT.

After the shot I saw somewhere between 6 and 11 more coyotes take off. Must have had a deer down somewhere.

Was on my way to another set and found one sleeping out in a field, 100 yards from a hedge row. Went back around and walked in down two hedges back. Somehow it figured the game out and was gone when I sat and started to call. Pretty good idea where it went, so will give it a go if I hunt this afternoon. By 10:30 it was too warm for me and called it a morning.

61 coyotes
2 foxes
Old 03-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Capitalized on the right wind for a virgin spot this morning. I had looked at this spot back in October while scouting ducks, and then more or less forgot about it. I think I purposely forgot about it because it is at least a mile walk. I have kinda burned out my usual area so it was time for a switch. I got a late start, but made it to my parking spot just as the sun was peeking over the hills. Strapped on the shoes and hauled in there. Found a nice rock pile with a bush growing out of it to sit behind. I started out with the tally ho jack rabbit. After 7 or 8 minutes I went to the Red Desert howler with the barrel on it doing a jack rabbit. A couple minutes later I see the tiniest little spec over a mile out to the south. Put the scope up and see 3 coyotes very inspired to get to me. Before I put the gun down I see 2 more coming hard. Eventually two go down the last hillside that I will see them on until they are committed. About 5 minutes has passed and I haven't made a sound and they have all come hard. The third one goes down the hill and the last two hold up. I give a little on the call and they come too. The lead two come up the hill at about 300 still coming hard. I finally got the furthest one stopped at about 80 yards and dump it, rack another in and pop the closest one at about 35 while it stared at the first one. Look back out and see two come out onto the far hillside, followed by number 3. This is about 800 yards out. I wail a kiyiyi and one of them just peels down the hill in my direction. I keep on it trying to get all three to do it. One of the remaining two really wanted to come, but just wouldn't do it. Number 3 barreled in heading for my down wind at about 100 yards. I barked it to a stop and had three coyotes to drag a mile back to the truck. Should have taken the camera as two of the them aren't worth skinning.

64 coyotes
2 foxes
Old 03-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Went out to start the truck to take the little one to her car pool for pre school and hear a coyote howling. Sounded like it was on the other side of my shop. Grabbed the gun out of the truck and walked around the shop. After a minute or two I can see it ears on the other side of the tree row. Take a lean off the shop, whistle and pop him right in the melon at about 175. I like the easy ones.

65 coyotes
2 foxes
Old 03-09-2011, 12:48 PM

You're really stacking them up. When do you sell your furs?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:36 PM

32 go on the block on the 13th of this month. The rest get shipped on April 10th.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 PM

Got lucky this afternoon. Went to throw the carcasses from yesterday in the pile and had a pair on it. I got lucky cause I was pretty intent on the Charlie Sheen interview that was on Sirius and just kinda looked over and there they were loping away. Jumped out of the truck, threw a bullet in the gun and drilled this female in the back of the head at about 250 (lucky shot). I took a poke at her partner, but all I could see was his head at about 350. Not sure where the bullet went, but I know where it didn't go. This coyote had great fur. Our temps are heading for the plus side so it is almost done. Gonna try and get in a couple sets tomorrow as there is a very big herd of deer a mile away and several coyotes loitering around them.

66 coyotes
2 foxes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Good shoot'n! Good luck tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM

Done and done. 72 coyotes killed (67 skinned) and 2 foxes. Putting a wood stove in my shop so I will have 24/7 heat for next fall. Along with that a washing machine so that my pelts will look even better.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 PM

Great job! I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping you average top money.