www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...el-700-trigger

http://www.outdoorlife.com/forums/gu...misfire-issues
Old 02-23-2012, 01:48 AM

60 minutes & CNBC now there are two very trustworthy sources, didn't they bring us the Muslim in the white house along with the Chevy crash test. I have also learned from the liberal media just because someone writes it doesn't make it true.

Last edited by Mr. 204; 02-23-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 204 View Post
60 minutes & CNBC now there are two very trustworthy sources, didn't they bring us the Muslim in the white house along with the Chevy crash test. I have also learned from the liberal media just because someone writes it doesn't make it true.
You can lead a horse to water but obviously cant make him drink. Look, I dont care where your political affiliations lie, fact is there are problems with the old remington 700 triggers and millions of people know about it.

Call remington. They will tell you to send it back and they will replace the trigger for you. When I talked to them the lead time to getting my rifle back was 2-3 months. I opted to put another trigger in it.

Any gunsmith worth his salt knows about the remington trigger problems.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 AM

Well I don't drink water and I don't buy any thing you are saying.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 AM

The gunsmith emailed remington and they said if the gun is under two years old they will fix it. Other than that it looks like my problem, meaning I pay the bill. I don't have the sales slip so I have to call cabelas and see when I bought the gun. I sure hope this turns out alrightI likr the way this gun shoots. I own 9 remington guns and if they don't fix it I will never buy another one in my lifetime.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:12 PM

I am curious here now. I saw the news special. It concerned me to the point that I called several of my hunting buddies who owned 700s. Now I was looking for a swat style range gun at the time for longer range target. I was told by two fellows at a very reputable law enforcement type firearms place that the new 700s with the Xmark (I believe it is) trigger did not have those problems. I am curious to know if anyone has experienced any issues with the new one. I havent yet and the gun is a shooter let me tell you. 300 win mag. Not sure if caliber makes a difference......doesn't seem too. Would REALLY like to know though as I have almost been shot once by a yahoo and poor gun safety on his part (I have never hunted with him since) and I really would not like to have it happen to myself or others because of faulty equipment. I saw in part of that documentary that gun safety was revolutionized by remington at the time that this issue arose. Well I think that the refining of that to what it is today is great and probably needed to happen I do think that Remingtons stance to sidestep this issue was a really poor decision both ethically and business wise. I think they were saying it would have cost under a dollar to fix this problem originally?..........and now?...................... As I said I love to shoot my 700 for its accuracy but don't like to think I may have purchased the wrong gun.
4-12x42 Bushnell laser range finding scope.
Foxpro FX3 and Jack in the box
Every hand and mouth call under the sun. (except for one of Weasel's custom calls)

Last edited by kenfortmac34; 02-25-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 204 View Post
Well I don't drink water and I don't buy any thing you are saying.

Obviously your lack of people skills is only rivaled by your lack of knowledge about guns.

I dont care if you buy anything I am saying or not. I know what I am talking about.

Last edited by Badduck; 02-25-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG Gone View Post
The gunsmith emailed remington and they said if the gun is under two years old they will fix it. Other than that it looks like my problem, meaning I pay the bill. I don't have the sales slip so I have to call cabelas and see when I bought the gun. I sure hope this turns out alrightI likr the way this gun shoots. I own 9 remington guns and if they don't fix it I will never buy another one in my lifetime.
I hate to hear that. I called them about mine and they said they would fix it for free all I had to do was ship it back. Mine were made in 1973, 1991, 1993 and 2004. I chose not to because of the turn around time.

I also own a newer Remington SPS with the new Xmark trigger and they addressed the issues with that trigger. I have never had any issues with it nor has anyone I know. I feel comfortable with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfortmac34 View Post
I am curious here now. I saw the news special. It concerned me to the point that I called several of my hunting buddies who owned 700s. Now I was looking for a swat style range gun at the time for longer range target. I was told by two fellows at a very reputable law enforcement type firearms place that the new 700s with the Xmark (I believe it is) trigger did not have those problems. I am curious to know if anyone has experienced any issues with the new one. I havent yet and the gun is a shooter let me tell you. 300 win mag. Not sure if caliber makes a difference......doesn't seem too. Would REALLY like to know though as I have almost been shot once by a yahoo and poor gun safety on his part (I have never hunted with him since) and I really would not like to have it happen to myself or others because of faulty equipment. I saw in part of that documentary that gun safety was revolutionized by remington at the time that this issue arose. Well I think that the refining of that to what it is today is great and probably needed to happen I do think that Remingtons stance to sidestep this issue was a really poor decision both ethically and business wise. I think they were saying it would have cost under a dollar to fix this problem originally?..........and now?...................... As I said I love to shoot my 700 for its accuracy but don't like to think I may have purchased the wrong gun.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badduck View Post
Obviously your lack of people skills is only rivaled by your lack of knowledge about guns.

I dont care if you buy anything I am saying or not. I know what I am talking about.
Some one is certainly full of themselves as well as full of it. What is it that you think you know about people skills?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 AM

I hope DOG Gone has the info he was seeking. If any of you need to discuss other issues a personal message might be the best option.
Closed Thread