www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varminter .223 View Post
Firestorm, Firestom , Firestorm. Firestorm was meant to be! I started with an fx 3 and 1 year later I have the Firestorm! Don't sell yourself short. Worth every penny and more. I use mine for crows and deer too. You can load it up with sounds and always have a new sound. If you don't you will upgrade later. Im tellin ya! This stuff is addicting and you need a Firestorm. It will be all you need! You gotta have the good remote. Avoid the old stuff.
+1

I also have the firestorm after upgrading from the spitfire and havent looked back. If you can afford it thats the way to go. As for the speaker volume, dont worry about it. All these calls are loud enough. You will be surprised at how far away an animial can here the death crys of a rabbit, the howls of a dog, ect.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:47 AM

Haha I wish I could afford the firestorm right now, but unfortunately that is out of the question. I really can't go over 300. I have decided it will probably be worth the extra for the nicer remote and foxbang, so I am going to order the wildfire tomorrow. Hopefully they are right on their backorder time and it is here within a week or two!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sell33 View Post
Haha I wish I could afford the firestorm right now, but unfortunately that is out of the question. I really can't go over 300. I have decided it will probably be worth the extra for the nicer remote and foxbang, so I am going to order the wildfire tomorrow. Hopefully they are right on their backorder time and it is here within a week or two!
I know you are going to be happy with your choice!!! Wish I would have had the option to buy the Wildfire when I ordered my Spitfire! Good luck calling!!!

Call- FOXPRO Spitfire
Decoys- Jack in the Box(JIB), Jack Attack, & Fawn
Rifle- Remington Model R-15™ VTR™ Predator Carbine with 18" Barrel & 1/8 Twist
Bullet- Ultramx 50gr Ballistic Tip w/ 5/8"-1" Groupings @ 100yds
Old 10-24-2011, 12:23 PM

Well I choked once I sat there looking at the price and couldn't click order on the wildfire. So i ordered the spitfire. I think it will be a good starter and by the time I find out if I really enjoy predator hunting I will be out of school and if need be order another call then once I am working more. I'm just as excited about ordering the spitfire as I would be with the wildfire so I think I'll be fine haha.

Hopefully it gets here quick! The model 70 hasn't been shot in awhile it needs to put the smack down on somethin soon!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 PM

We want to see pics once you put it to work
Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Hopefully that is very soon. Cabela's usually ships very quick so I'm hoping it is here this week.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Call came today! Woo hoo! (sorta). I took it out of town to my uncles to see how loud it was/practice with the remote/etc. It had a few crows circling within a minute or two of "crow fight," should have brought the shotgun, none landed. However, the remote would only work from like ONE FOOT! After seeing all the reviews I was/am thrilled about trying this call, but isn't the point of a wireless remote caller to be able to sit a ways off? lol. Well I haven't called foxpro or anything yet, just reread the directions. Idk what is going wrong but its awuflly annoying. If I don't hear back I will try foxpro later on or tomorrow!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 PM

Well just an update...I called foxpro this afternoon and like I have always heard their customer service was great. They are sending out a new SF1 on monday morning, took my cc number down and the condition is I have to have the one I have now returned within 30 days or I get charged. Fair enough for me. Plus now that i am exchanging he (Joe) let me pick out the calls I want! I have no complaints!

Plus I took it out tonight anyway, and just sat right beside it. only made two stands but called a fox right in on the second one...two more weeks and hopefully that fox will make the same mistake again! unfortunately no yotes yet but I am happy nonetheless!

Tags
scorpion, spitfire, wildfire