www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat Open Discussion Forum. Join us around our fire for every day chit chat.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Default New Look????

I like the new site but not happy..... Wish I was told that I would have to REregister to get into this new site. Would have done so two days ago... Was having trouble getting in, nothing was said we had to REregister to do so. Oh well,,,,, this is still the best manufacture site to be at. Thanks Joe.
PS I would have been one of the first to post, BUT I had to go watch my grandson win another X-country race this afternoon.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
FOXPRO Administration

1der,

That's odd. A few days ago, we sent out a message to everyone on our old forums notifying them that the new forums were coming, and to sign up early. Did you check your email to see the message? If you didn't get it, maybe there was a server problem, or maybe you gave us an incorrect email address? If there was an error on our part, I apologize, but I know that most people got the message, and it was sent as a bulk email to all of the members.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:11 PM

I know I got the e-mail but it showed up in my junk mail. Could be his did also? Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:12 PM
FOXPRO Administration

Yeah, I guess it could have went to his junk mail. I have also seen servers take days to deliver email. Not sure what happened.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM

NoNo!!!!! It was my fault. I just didn't take the time to read it properly. Oldtimers disease set in.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 PM
FOXPRO Administration

No problem 1der. Got to hate oldtimers disease. By the way what do you call it when you have the same symptoms at, say 37?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dillon View Post
1der,

That's odd. A few days ago, we sent out a message to everyone on our old forums notifying them that the new forums were coming, and to sign up early. Did you check your email to see the message? If you didn't get it, maybe there was a server problem, or maybe you gave us an incorrect email address? If there was an error on our part, I apologize, but I know that most people got the message, and it was sent as a bulk email to all of the members.
In my case, the above mentioned e-mail was rec'd at 4:21 pm Fri. the 30th. I rushed to log-in, no luck, old or new site, (I was OK, the day before). I never log-out. In desperation, re-registered, ("newbe" again?), shot FOXPRO a short note, (one to mod's also, no reply yet), in hopes of being first on one of the threads. I may have got lucky here.

My server is fine, computer is always on, regardless of what screen I'm on, an e-mail alert shows up instantly. Seems fine now. Glad to be hooked up. The new place is great. Dang hard to read though, (orange/gray/black), may be these tired, old eyes. Regards, Jack
Old 11-01-2009, 10:22 AM
FOXPRO Administration

InoJack,

The problem may have been that when we made some of the changes, you weren't logged out. Not sure, only a guess. Just glad everything is working now for you.

As far as the colors, you have a choice. The standard is the black, orange, and grey. This is my personal favorite. However, if you want another color, you can change it in your user settings. The other option offers a white background. If you can't figure it out, let me know.

Edit to add: On the forum home page, you can also change the color by selecting the box at the bottom left hand corner of the page. Currently, it is set to FOXPRO Standard, but if you change it to the default style, you will get the other option.

Last edited by Mike Dillon; 11-01-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dillon View Post
InoJack,

The problem may have been that when we made some of the changes, you weren't logged out. Not sure, only a guess. Just glad everything is working now for you.

As far as the colors, you have a choice. The standard is the black, orange, and grey. This is my personal favorite. However, if you want another color, you can change it in your user settings. The other option offers a white background. If you can't figure it out, let me know.

Edit to add: On the forum home page, you can also change the color by selecting the box at the bottom left hand corner of the page. Currently, it is set to FOXPRO Standard, but if you change it to the default style, you will get the other option.
Mike, Sorry no box. FAQ says:
You may be able to change the styling of the board by using the style changer in the bottom left of the page. This lets you choose different skins which change the color scheme and appearance of the board. If this option does not appear, the board cannot be restyled.
I think you have to activate "the box". I need help for sure. Maybe a PM, so I can print it out. Thanks for your patience, and quick response. Jack