www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:29 PM

Default Excellent video

"COYOTE VOCALS" Must watch for the beginning coyote hunter. That's what they call it, but I think it could be an excellent video for us older guys that may be stuck in a rut. Even if you don't take anything away from this, it has some excellent footage.

Well worth the 21 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifYNrxTj4iI
Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 PM

Good idea of posting the link Weasel. I subscribe to the Night Crew's Youtube channel and saw that when it first came out about a week ago. Excellent footage and informative at the same time. Good for all, like you said. Thanks
Old 02-28-2019, 07:53 PM

Ooh....Sonny, I didn't realize that I wasn't subscribed to Night Crew's channel. I like those folks, so I had better get subscribed and click the bell for notifications.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:45 PM

Always click on the bell, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2019, 12:41 AM

Thanks for sharing Weasel

svb
Old 03-02-2019, 02:13 PM

Thank you Weasel for posting that video for us to watch.

It is amazing how well "Pup Distress 3" gets coyotes to come running in when other sounds won't.

What I have seen happen many times in the last 3 or 4 years on coyotes that are challenging me with vocal sounds or coyotes I can see that are way off and will not come in when I play "Pup Distress 3".

I try to make it sound like the loudest coyote fight they have ever heard. I play these sounds back to back for about 10 seconds each"Angry Badger", "Coyote Growls", "Coyote Pup Screams", "Coyote Death Cry", "Coyote & Fox Fight", Pup Distress 3" and then end it with "Coyote Male Challenge 4".

It doesn't always work, but it does work fairly often. I don't have any special order that I play them in, I just keep the sounds playing on full blast volume and switching them after playing each sound for about 10 seconds each. I don't have any pauses in these sounds when I am switching the sounds and they are all on full volume.

It is pretty cool to be able to see and or hear coyotes that are being vocal with you or coyotes that are challenging you because they think your sounds are a coyote or coyotes. This is when the mother of all coyote fight sequence works. LOL

I never know what sound will trigger a coyote or coyotes to come in. One time we spotted a big male coyote walking away from us at about 500 yards away. We tried all sorts of distress sounds and coyote vocal sounds and this coyote would just look back towards us every time I switched sounds.

I was convinced that this coyote was super smart and knew we were not coyotes. Then I switched to "Coyote Growls" and as soon as this coyote heard "Coyote Growls" he turned around and started running right to us.

Two weeks ago I had this happen.
After calling with rabbit distress sounds for about 10 minutes I looked up the hills to my left and it looked like a coyote on top of a hill about 350 to 400 yards away.

I moved my rifle so I could look through the scope and there were two coyotes on the hill top. One standing and the other one was sitting, they were about 10 foot apart.

I was looking at them through my scope so I could watch them react to me changing the sound on my Foxpro Fusion. When I switched to Pup Distress 3 on full volume the coyote sitting down on the right started twisting it's head like a puppy trying to figure out what the sound was.

Then I switched sounds to a coyote growl sound for about 20 seconds, this got the coyote sitting down to twisting it head even more. I played a coyote fight sound and Angry Badger and Coyote Pup Screams all for about 15 to 20 seconds each and both coyotes didn't move other than the one sitting down on the right was still twisting it's head.

Then I went back to Pup Distress 3 on full volume and as soon as the sitting coyote heard Pup Distress 3 for the second time it jumped up and started running down the hill.

So this coyote didn't come in the first time it heard "Pup Distress 3" but it did get triggered into running in when I played "Pup Distress 3" the second time after mixing in the other sounds.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:26 PM

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Bob. I've been calling "Coyote Growls" the "secret sound" for a few years now. It has sealed the deal multiple times.

Last edited by Weasel; 03-02-2019 at 02:42 PM.