www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:15 AM

Default Night Vision Clipon

Does anyone use a Clipon Night Vision device? If so could you give me some reviews. Scanning with thermal and want to shoot with NV, any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:58 PM

NV clip on is probably a good idea, but I don't like the clip on thermal. I have the thermal and now just use it as a stand alone scope. The added weight and the fact you focus on the thermal screen and don't look through it means you have to cowitness it each time you reinstall it. So I now have a dedicated night rifle

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM

Default NV Clipon

Fla_dogman

Thanks for the reply, have done some research on night vision and trying to get the most bang for my buck, really don't want to buy a new rifle (ha ha) actually can't afford 1 at this time. So I have been looking at clip-ons, my buddy and I have a thermal for scanning and want nv for the shot. I have pulled the trigger on a gen3 unit from HTRN should be here Fri. Will give a review after I have tried it for a while. Thanks again for the response. The unit I bought mounts on the rear so you are not focusing on the nv screen seems to make sense will find out

Last edited by Ill Dog Chaser; 01-24-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:20 AM

I look forward to that review.....
Old 01-29-2019, 05:57 PM

Have had a chance to look through the NV and am so far impressed. With the little experience I have with NV it looks like a great device and Kevin at HTRN is about as helpful as you can get. The 1 thing I will recommend is get at the least the T20 Infinity IR device w/the adjustable intensity. Will be trying it out for real after this wind slows a little. Look forward to putting it on some fur.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:22 AM

Default NV Clipon

I have hunted with the MX-160 clipon from HTRN a few times now have to say I love it. Scan clip it on and shoot 2 down last Thur. 1 down last night. Can't say enough good things. Kevin at HTRN is as good as it gets for customer service. Takes a while to get it set up properly but well worth the effort.

HTRN MX-160 Clipon NV
T-20 Infinity IR
Savage 10 Predator 223
Hornady V-Max 55grn
Nikon Optics
Bog Pod Sticks
FoxPro Shockwave
Night Eyes Head Light

Ill Dog Chaser