PDA

View Full Version : for people with fx 5

mike james
01-26-2010, 10:02 AM
well i had problems downloading from caller to remote called foxpro the patch cord that goes into the caller is to big around if you shave the end off abit to fit all the way in problem solved love this call frist 2hrs out and 3 yotes .

coyotecontroler
01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Is that the patch cord that comes with the call? If so, that would suck. Stuff like that is what has kept me from buying a Foxpro so far. I want a caller I can take out of the box and go hunting, not have to program and fuss with.

mike james
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
ya cord suppled the caseing on the foxpro is not wide to allow the cord to be fully pluged in so a little coustom work 2 minutes and bam back in bussiness these things are great out tonight from 4 to dark 1 yote and a fox that was comin in until the farmers dog showed up huntin in southern ontario lots of yotes and foxes this weekend goin on a trip fri to sun see how it goes hopefully pics to follow

psycho
01-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Never had that problem with mine. I guess you just have bad luck. I have numerous friends that own Fox Pro's from 416's to FX-3's FX-5's Scorpions and Fury's, none have ever had that problem. A Fox Pro caller is a call that you can take out of the box, charge the batteries and go kill something. If you can't do that with a Fox Pro then no call will ever be good enough for you...

Long Gone
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I sent my FX3 in late last year for the FX5 upgrade. It was returned with a defective patch cable which contributed to a garbled sounds list on the remote when I first attempted to add new sounds. FoxPro diagnosed the problem over the telephone, however, and sent me not one but two replacement cords that same day. Since then the call has performed flawlessly, and I am very happy with it. I might further add that the FX3 also performed flawlessly from the day I bought it some years ago until I returned it for the upgrade. FWIW, the supplied cable appears to be made of high quality materials; the business ends appear to be gold-plated. I think that I just got a bad one. Happens sometimes.