PDA

View Full Version : Renumbering

Chewi004
01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Can someone explain to me the reason and the process for renumbering sounds?

I had the Wildfire 2 and never had any trouble programming it and even bought some sounds and loaded them with no trouble. I recently purchased a CS24B that had plenty of sounds on it, and now I am having trouble adding some of my sounds from my library to the new caller.

When I try to "create a backup" or "update caller", after reordering my sounds and adding the new ones in the utility (yes I have the most recent version of the programming utility) it says updating file XXX of 510. Once it gets to about file 502 of 510 it freezes up and times out (gives me a run time error). Last night below the run time error it said renaming/renumbering issue as well. I am kind of confused as the call only holds 500 sounds and I am only putting about 70 total on it...so I do not know where the 510 comes from? When I add the sounds to the caller, they automatically are renumbered and I havent changed any name from the CS24B or the Wildfire.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

DogFool
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
The reason the CS24B shows a total of 510 sounds is because it counts the 500 regular sound slots, plus 10 additional for the Sequence slots.

Chewi004
01-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Ohhhh ok I got you. So sounds like my problem may be with a sequence then? Is there any way to clear all sequences (like a master reboot). Thanks for the help!

DogFool
01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
PM sent with info