PDA

View Full Version : Now I am confused!

RedfootRanch
11-22-2013, 09:24 PM
I downloaded 16 new sounds yesterday. I tried to install them this morning using the early '10 Programmer Utility, which has never failed me in the past, but some sort of a "Volume" error box that popped up. I called FP, inquired if there was a newer version of the programming utility available, then downloaded it to a newer Windows 7 based laptop. The laptop will not recognize the micro SD card using a reader.

I grabbed another 1 GB micro SD card out of the desk and set the volume label as my model and serial number. Installed all my sounds on this card using the newer program utility. Now when I try downloading the new playlist to the TX9 remote, “TRANSFERRING DATA PLEASE WAIT” comes up for a couple seconds and a sliver of a dark bar begins to appear in the lower left corner of screen, then "TRANSFER COMPLETE REMOVE CABLE FROM REMOTE".

No sounds transferred. I am at wits end as I have never had a lick of trouble in the past!

I realize calling FP in the best solution but I was planning on going out night hunting tonight...guess I will strictly use diaphragms and/or hand calls but I really like my call out there for the the final approach in the dark.

Thanks in advance for any input, Dale

Possumal
11-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Don't know if it will help, but take your batteries out of both your ecaller and your remote, wait a few minutes, reinstall, and then try the whole deal over. Be very careful that all your sounds are numbered properly with a space between the number and the name. Wish I could help more.

RedfootRanch
11-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks Possumal! I did put new battery in the remote as it indicated slightly less than full but did not remove power supply from the unit. I will try that prior to calling FP. Confusing me as I have never had any problem and I will additionally check all call numbers too...

RedfootRanch
11-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Spoke with Scott at FP earlier. When using a new micro SD card, this card needs to be formatted with FAT32 formatting.

Thanks Scott!

Dale