PDA

View Full Version : Saving sounds

Bwing96
01-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I have bought a used FX3 and it has several sounds on it that are used out west and I need to change to sounds more commonly found in my area. Question is can I download the sounds from the FX3 to my computer and keep them or will I loose them when I load the new sounds to the FX3?

mbowerman
01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
use the foxpro utility and do a backup from the utilities backup button. they will be stored for you. I also select just look at the FX drive without the programmer and select all then copy then paste in a folder I call Foxpro sounds. You then will have them til your drive crashes. I also backup all sounds on a thumb drive. You then go to the programmer utility and remove the sounds you don't want. It is a very friendly program and easy to use.

swampdogger
01-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Is there any chance of lossing your sound's at all? I am not that computer savvy, and having deleated my sound's by mistake, would be verry upsetting. I have 100 sound's on my Scorpion. Any info would be appreciated , thank's , Rick.:D

Weasel
01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Deleting your sounds can happen if you're not careful. I've done it several times. http://bestsmileys.com/doh/2.gif
It happened when I was trying to "clean up" my computer. As long as you still have the sounds on your caller you'll be okay.