PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion X1-A programming help please

PA furtaker
10-28-2013, 07:52 AM
I recently bought a scorpion and for some reason when I hook it up to computer to change sounds nothing shows up in right hand colum of programming utility when I click on the removable disc icon on bottom right hand corner of screen it says not formatted would you like to format. I've never had this happen before I've owned a scorpion in the past and picked it up as a back up call it seems like my computer is not recognizing it or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FPScott
10-28-2013, 10:26 AM
PA furtaker:

It sounds as though the card inside your Scorpion is a new card that still needs formatted. You want to make the file system type FAT 32 and the volume lable needs to be X1A. Try formatting the card and see if the unit then gets recognized by the utility. Do not quick format. Make sure that box is unchecked.

PA furtaker
10-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks Scott I will give it a try here when I get home. Does it matter if it already has sounds on the call?

PA furtaker
10-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Scott that didn't work either it won't even let me format it it keeps saying nothing is connected.

PA furtaker
10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I tried it on my old computer also that I programmed my old scorpion on. Would something maybe be messed up with card or call?

FPScott
10-29-2013, 09:50 AM
PA furtaker:

It sounds as though the card is bad and will need to be replaced. If you go to this link

http://gofoxpro.com/site/resources/spitfire-programming-tips-and-tricks

then start with the paragraph

PURCHASING AND SETTING UP A NEW MICRO SD CARD

This will tell you how to get the Scorpion working again.

PA furtaker
10-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Scott I sent you a PM. Thanks...

PA furtaker
10-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Scott I don't have another scorpion my other call is a fury gx7 so I have no way to switch out the SD card. Can I use a 8 GB card in the scorpion? I've tried hooking up the scorpion to 4 different computers but none will recognize the call.