PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bob A's new crow sounds

crowlympic goldmetalist
07-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Looking for a threepeet win in this years Crowlympics in Aug. The contest is always very close. Can anyone who has tried Mr. Bob A's new crow sound provide some feedback on their success and opinion. I am thinking about sending my FX5 to Foxpro and having the sounds loaded, the cost does not seem to bad at $40.00 for 10 sounds. Any info would be appreciated.

Possumal
07-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Anything Bob Aronsohn puts his name to is top shelf. I don't see why you have to send your FX5 in to get the sounds though. Just purchase them online onto your computer and then install them on your FX5.

crowlympic goldmetalist
07-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks Al, I have to send in my FX5 anyway for some minor repairs, and in that I am not computer savvy it thought I would just have Foxpro staff load the sounds.

Possumal
07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Well, that makes it different, killing two birds with one stone so to speak. I know you'll be happy with the Bob Aronsohn sounds.

crowlympic goldmetalist
07-08-2013, 12:51 PM
O.K. I will advise after the big event on how effective Bob's call are. I am sure it will give us an edge. It is basically a run and gun event. The first set is a free one so we get the decoys out before legal shooing time. Daybreak until 5:00pm est exactly. We have 35 set-ups preplanned at 2.5 crows per set it will put us around 85 or 90 crows. 89 crows took the Gold last year, 78 silver and 55 bronze. 54 took 4th and all the way down to 18. The crew shot 710 crows for the day.

LUCKY
07-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Crowlympic....I ve purchased his sounds and watched his DVD taken on hunt......He is a very accurate wing shooter. Goes into his blind with a 5 gallon bucket of shells and 4-6 decoys. He really nails them...you might send him a private mail for some advice.....If two of choices of blinds are as productive as his you will be hard to beat. He has several DVD s out Sounds like you researched this and are well informed......
BEST of luck to you

crowlympic goldmetalist
07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks Renton, I have watched his video's and they are impressive. We hunt the U.P. of Michigan and the weather here changes by the hour. One year on the crowbowl day in August is was 92 degrees three years later it was 41. We have even hunted 12 hours in the pouring down rain. My team-mates and I are always looking for that little edge that may giving us the winning number. It has been a fun event over the last 25 years. All those years we only encountered one cheater. One year some new comers arrived with 24 raven feet. We quickly educated them and they were never invited back.