PDA

View Full Version : carrion decoy?

QUATTRO
03-12-2013, 07:31 PM
watched a crow hunting vid on the internet and could have sworn that in addition to their crow decoys they were using what looked like brown and red fabric to imitate a mammal with exposed red guts laying there in the snow... I searched for answers and didnt find anything relevant..seems like a good idea...anyone here able to shed light?

Weasel
03-13-2013, 01:34 AM
I read that somewhere. Probably on Crow Busters. Easter is coming up and the after Easter sales should have some stuffed rabbits at a discount. Take the stuffing out and add some red paint and ya got road kill! :)

Weasel
03-13-2013, 01:38 AM
OH!!!!! I also read somewhere that guys used a smashed McDonalds bag, cup and french fry holder. Not sure if they were just being wise guys or not, but it might work?

29va
03-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Stuffed animal and a bottle of ketchup works wonders!!

QUATTRO
03-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Haha, damn thats some funny stuff :)

TimberFox
03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Crows are scavengers so using fake bait works quite well. I've used empty cereal boxes before and they came right in to my decoys. No reason that a McDonalds bag and fry holder wouldn't work. I never tried using a stuffed animal before. The cereal boxes I used had a lot of white on them and the crows seemed to see them from quite a distance. I think the more visible the bait the better it will work.