PDA

View Full Version : Problems printing list

SouthTXBowhunter
02-10-2013, 09:36 PM
I was trying to print out a list while I was in the programmer and the list is getting cut off when it prints out. There are 91 sounds on the caller but only 71 show up because the list is printing out across the page and the list is going off the margin of the paper. I can't find any way to orient the list so that it prints out differently- vertically instead of the default horizontal orientation.

The programer sends the list directly to the printer instead of opening up the print manager where I could adjust (orientation, size, etc.) the way that it prints out.

Any fixes/solutions?

Shurshot
02-11-2013, 12:13 AM
you should be able to accomplish this by using a utility called CutePDF. Once you load this it will add another printer to your printer list. then just make sure you set it as your "DEFAULT" printer. then when you tell something to print, it will prompt you for a file location and a name. enter a name and save the file. it will create a PDF file which you can open with Adobe Reader and then print it to paper from there.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

SouthTXBowhunter
02-11-2013, 09:19 PM
That helped but it wasn't the whole solution - I ended up having to create the PDF (using CutePDF) and then importing it to my Mac (God, I wish they'd make a Mac-friendly programmer!!!) and using Photoshop to rotate and scale the image. Pain in the rear but it worked. The PDF file would print but it was SO small that it was unreadable.

Seems like FoxPro could come up with a little better programming software.

Thanks for the help Shurshot! I wouldn't have figured it out without your help!

Shurshot
02-12-2013, 12:54 AM
no problem. I didn't know you were working with a Mac... another thing you could have done was once you had it in a PDF file, simply highlight the text and copy it to your clipboard. then just paste it back into Notepad, Word or whatever program you like to manipulate it and then print it. glad you got it going!

SouthTXBowhunter
02-12-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm using an old PC laptop that I still have JUST for my Fury, LOL! As soon as FoxPro joins the (modern) Mac world I'm going to run over that piece of junk! HAha! I'm much more comfortable with my Mac and it has Photoshop so it made it easy for me. I should have thought about copy and paste, though. I'll remember that for next time.

Shurshot
02-12-2013, 01:16 AM
about 25 years ago I was the Program Director of an Apple IIGS Users Group. I was convinced by a friend to forget about Apple and move to the PC platform because at the time, all businesses used PCs and Macs were toys. so that's what I did. got me into the business as planned and I made a living off of PCs ever since... :)

SouthTXBowhunter
02-12-2013, 02:53 AM
No offense meant, lol! I was opposite - die-hard PC user who thought Mac was over-priced, over-hyped and only for a niche market. Finally was convinced to try one and quickly left all my PCs in the dust.

I sure appreciate all the help!