PDA

View Full Version : Fury II Remote Issues?

Dawg Down
01-29-2013, 09:38 PM
I recently bought a Foxpro Fury II. I have had some issues with the remote recently. Maybe user errors? My foxbang will set off pretty easy and I have it set on the remote for the high powered rifle. Its to the point now that I have just turned off the foxbang. Also when I get on stand I turn on my remote and let it run for about 5 min before I start calling. When I go to start calling it takes a long time for it to start working? The unit has never been more than 30 yard from me. Sometimes I have to push the button a lot of times and often I have to mute it a few times before it will even start playing. I keep the remote tucked down in my bibs on the way to the stand so I know its not a cold issue. I am also using a Sit N Spin decoy, any way it could be a frequency issue between the 2? Any suggestions before I call foxpro? Thanks

FPScott
01-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Dawg Down:

Even though you have the FOXBANG set to the suggested sensitivity if you are having issues with premature engaging of FOXBANG it may be necessary to adjust the setting to a lower sensitivity level.
For communication with the caller and to help achieve better range you want to get the caller up off the ground 2-3 feet if possible, maintain a clear line of sight at all times and keep the remote control pointed skyward. Using the recommended NiMH batteries in the caller will also benefit you.

Dawg Down
01-30-2013, 09:29 PM
FPSCOTT, I just recently purchased the Foxpro directly from you guys. I also bought your rechargable batteries with it. Like I said the caller is no mre than 30 yards away and always in the line of sight. I will try to keep the remote antenna straight up (I only tuck it in my bibs on the way to my stand) and I will try elevating the caller to see if it helps. If this don't work I will just give you guys a call. Thanks for your quick response.

bloodthirsty
02-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I recently just purchased the fury II and was happy to see I wasn't the only one with an issue,once my remote froze up and wouldn't let me do anything,completely frozen,I couldn't turn it off,had to take out a battery and put it back in and since then it hasn't happened again. The only issue I've had was with the dial on the remote when turning counter clockwise,I'm still able to do it but with some frustration,sometimes it works perfect and others I just scroll one way or enter in the #,anybody else had this problem,I love the unit and I hope this doesn't get worse. Its a lot of $$ for a quality call and definitely hasn't been used much at all,maybe a dozen times so I shouldn't have any problems. I use the proper batteries in the remote and caller(NiMh)

Derbycity Howler
02-10-2013, 09:26 AM
I have the fury gx7 with the 500 remote never had a problem with the distance but the had dial issues only in cold weather you can tape a hand warmer to it and it solves the problem i bought a remote cover at boonedock outdoors and i just slide the warmer down inside of it hope this helps