PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave programing?

oldbadger
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a new shockwave that I am trying to sort out the catagory list. I downloaded the new program on my laptop and it shows what is in my unit and the calls are in the right catagory. But when I update the hand held the calls are mixed up again. Bear and dear calls in with the crows !?!? Anyone else having any problems like this?
Thanks oldbadger

ShockMattWave
01-29-2013, 06:47 PM
I had this problem. Once I rearanged all the sounds and created a new category list with my own categories it worked out for me. I used the program to create the new category list. The key I think was I never had any spaces between call numbers. Hard to explain but I had to change original numbers to suite my new list. So say I had 120 crow? It was now 098 crow. So I have 318 call sounds and my sounds are now 000-317 instead of 000-099,120-129,145-159 etc. I kept a folder on my PC with all original calls&numbers just for reference. Good luck and I hope that helps...
Matt

ShockMattWave
01-29-2013, 06:52 PM
I should also add the program changed the numbers for me when I moved them up and down from the right side list. I did not have to do this manually. So I started by moving them in order and created the list after and once sent to the shockwave I sync'd the remote and then copied everything from the caller into another folder on my PC. So the 3 folders I use would be 1) downloaded sounds 2) Original foxpro sound files 3) Shockwave files 130101(date updated) Again hope I explained it enough. Again I was frustrated when I tried this and this was my solution and if others have an easier way that would be helpful.
Matt

oldbadger
01-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. It makes sence and I do believe there are spaces inbetween the calls -- I will check it out.

Thanks again -- oldbadger

oldbadger
01-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Bummer --- :(--- did not work. Went through and got rid of any "Open" numbers - reprogrammed the remote and it still has the calls in the wrong place.
Any other suggestions ?? Thanks oldbadger

FPScott
01-30-2013, 09:26 AM
oldbadger:

3 things that I have found that will mess up category files. Duplicate numbers, Sounds with no numbers in front of them and then if you have 100 sounds in the caller they will have to be numbered from 000-099.

ShockMattWave
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
oldbadger:
Like Scott said make the sounds 000-099 etc using the FoxPro program then choose edit categories and move sound files into your categories. Then save that new list. All should be good.
I was frustrated when this happened to me and I tried to do it manually and finally figured it out using the foxpro program. I still can't figure out why it would not work when I used notepad to make the list. Good luck
Matt

oldbadger
01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Well -- no luck and heading out tomorrow morning for a weekend of calling. I guess will have to just go through the list for this hunt.. Bummer..........

darton2
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Same issue here. I gotta double check the numbers on this one.

DeereGuy
02-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Guys I just did this for the first time and it went very smoothly. I don't know if this is going to help or not but this is what I did.

I inserted the new sounds at the end of the list under "Caller Sound Files". This assigned them a unique number.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Deere_X475guy/AddingNewFoxProSounds_zps629b2916.png

Next I clicked on Edit Categories and moved my new sounds to the category they belonged under.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Deere_X475guy/EditCategories_zpsd23c9a9c.png

I also created a few new categories and moved some sounds into those.

I hope this helps....if this is duplicate info then just disregard....:D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Deere_X475guy/Makinganewcategory_zps31232e3d.png

Don't forget to download the new list to your remote afterward.

Xiphoid Process
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Do you need to have your call hooked up to your computer while you do this editing??

DeereGuy
02-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Yes you do.

FPZack
02-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Xiphoid Process,

If you want to re-arrange any sounds on your Shockwave, or place new sounds on the caller you have to hook the Shockwave up to the computer and have the caller ON. Once you make the changes on the caller you will then disconnect the caller and upload everything to the remote control. If you have any more questions or need further help please contact our Service Department @ 717-248-2507 option #2.

drslyr
02-15-2013, 09:43 PM
I messed my shockwave categories up trying to load new sounds. A call to foxpro service and joe walked me through fixin it. thanks Joe. Its a little bit complicated uploading new sounds but i got it now and im makin new catagories and loadin new sounds like a madman. Goin on a new property 2moro thats supposed to be loaded with dogs. we'll see.

Xiphoid Process
02-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Xiphoid Process,

If you want to re-arrange any sounds on your Shockwave, or place new sounds on the caller you have to hook the Shockwave up to the computer and have the caller ON. Once you make the changes on the caller you will then disconnect the caller and upload everything to the remote control. If you have any more questions or need further help please contact our Service Department @ 717-248-2507 option #2.

Thanks for the help Zack! I think it is great that you guys are active here on the forum. If I get a day off during the week I will give you a call to see if there are some more effiecient ways to update my caller. I have 142 sounds on there now with my own categories... I can't imagine needing more but I am sure I will and starting from scratch on the categories each time is painful, but it works.

One suggestion or Question. As I add sounds to with the PC app it does not allow me to update my categories until after i update the caller. Then I can't update the caller for the new categories unless I make a change to the sound list. It would be nice to be able to set up the sound list, fix the categories then update everything in one shot or send the updated categories so the remote sync catches them.

Either way enjoying the call so far. Thanks FoxPro!!

PA Predator Hunter
12-13-2013, 09:24 PM
I am having this same issue. The sounds are not staying in the categories that I place them in. I tried everything described in the manual as well as previous posts on the forum. Not sure what to try next. Any help is appreciated.