PDA

View Full Version : Hello Y'all from the Bluegrass....

SteveKY
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Just wanted to pop in as a newbie and say hello. I am an AVID waterfowler from western KY. I just picked up a Fox Pro Firestorm. I have been interested in extending my wingshooting since we don't start duckin' til Thanksgiving.

This past Saturday evening I went out for the first time with my caller and did a set up with an owl decoy on a post and 8 flocked crow decoys that I got from Cabelas. I did the "crow fight" call for 10 - 15 minutes and adjusted the volume and played with the mute. After about 10 minutes, I had some birds pi$$ed off crows flying overhead and looking hard at the spread. Kewl thing is I called in a red tail that was screatching and MAD at the owl. The crows were chasing the hawk flying around and finally one came too close..... MAN that was FUN. Those birds looked at the decoys HARD like geese flying around. It was very addicting.

First off, I am very impressed with the Firestorm and the adjustable volume while quite a distance away from the caller. I plan on getting more crow sounds and keep experimenting. I have been lurking and reading over the past several months and picked up some neat tips. Crowbusters is also a neat site.

Sorry for the ramble, but I am STOKED about learning a new sport of crows! I'll share more stories as the fall moves on....

Best,
Steve

Weasel
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the outfit! Looking forward to more stories and just in case ya wanted to know.......we LOVE pictures! :)