PDA

View Full Version : A few crows is better than none I guess lol

brimmyfish
08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Well guys ever since I got my Foxpro Scorpion in December I've been trying to hunt crows to keep them out of our crops. My friend and I were calling in several crows everytime we went but we couldn't knock any down. We were both hunting with 20 gauges and 8 shot target loads. I finally found some 6 shot field loads and we've been knocking them out ever since. The most we've ever killed in a day was only 15 but we only hunt a couple of hours in the morning when we go. Last saturday morning we were about to go to work and heard them hollering near the house we grabbed our stuff real quick and hit the woods a few minutes later we had a few dead birds and were headed to work. Any tips to help us in the future are much appreciated.

coyoteslayer
10-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I would first use a bigger gun. I use a 12 gauge with 2 3/4 shells with a full or modified choke depending on how high they are flying. Even with the 12 gauge it take more than one shot to nock them down so i prefer a simi automatic gun. Also, crows can see very good so make sure you have on camo from head to toe and make sure you are not standing out in the open so be on the edge of a field or something so they will fly in closer.