PDA

View Full Version : cannot get new calls onto firestorm

davo
04-13-2012, 05:13 AM
hi i live in australia and was unable to purchase calls through your website so i ended up purchasing through email that all worked great but when i went to load them into my firestorm my pc doesnt recognise firestorm drive i have updated all drivers on my pc and even tried it on 3 other pcs but it wont work. when i start the foxpro utility it does have the letter f on the right hand side for device but everytime i click it it says you must choose a different drive to the source which is what i am doing it also does not display a list of sounds that are already in the firestorm unit. do i have to send unit back for reprogramming? its driving me crazy please help thanks davo.

FPScott
04-13-2012, 08:45 AM
davo:

There is no drive that you would be able to download for your pc to recognize the Firestorm. Once plugged in it should be recognized as FRS by your pc and assigned a drive letter. If the unit is being assigned drive letter F but not being seen by the utility, check that the name of the drive is FRS. Open the utility only after the caller is plugged in and be sure the caller is turned off. If you had an earlier version of the programmer on your pc you may need to download the latest one off of the website.

davo
04-13-2012, 08:45 PM
thanks for the reply scott i definetly do not get frs on the my computer screen it just doesnt want to recognise the unit properly. the utility picks up a letter f but thats it

FPScott
04-16-2012, 08:21 AM
davo:

Are you able to click on the F drive and view all of the files currently on your caller? If so than right click on the F drive and rename it FRS.

davo
04-18-2012, 08:06 PM
No i just doesnt seem to recognise it. I dont mind sending it back to be checked. If possible could you send me details on how to go about this eg. Postage address any any costs thanks Davo.

FPScott
04-19-2012, 08:50 AM
PM Sent with instructions.

davo
04-25-2012, 07:41 AM
thanks Davo.