PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm Sound Question

NHhunter
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
OK I bought my caller in January and just now getting around to loading sounds and managing them. There's a lot of sounds that came with the system that I really don't care about and I see that I can remove them. My question is, if I remove them are they gone for good? I'd like to clean up my unit sound libary and remote for now. Maybe after the crow season and I'm done with my turkey trips, I can get on a sample the sound I removed to see which one I really want or need to be loaded back on. Thanks in advance ;)

halfnoon2002
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
No they are not gone for good if you save them to your computer first. Then you can go back and load them if you ever want them again

NHhunter
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks halfnoon2002 ;) Right after I made the post, I saw the back up the files feature so I did that. Took a lot off, moved sounds around and have it all figured out now.

I did have an issue this morning trying to orginized the sounds again. My remote was leaving off half of my sound files so I had to start all over with my back up file. I'll add new batteries and give the clearing unused sounds another try later.

ronmcc4
03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Do you really want to remove them? You never know when you might want to try some oddball sound that just might get results. Granted - a moose grunt or elk antler rattling might not make sense but you never know.

FPScott
03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
NHhunter:

Once you have removed the files be sure to use the programmer to move the rest of the files to the top. When you are uploading a new playlist to the TX9, it is going to stop at the first blank number. EX. you have 000-012 but skip 013. The remote thinks it is done and ends the upload at that point.

ronmcc4
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
About leaving off some sounds. I know you have to have things numbered and in sequence for everything to work like its supposed to. Sometimes you have to experiment a bit to make everything work like you want it to.

NHhunter
03-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Do you really want to remove them? You never know when you might want to try some oddball sound that just might get results. Granted - a moose grunt or elk antler rattling might not make sense but you never know.

Well right now all I really use the system for is crows and coyotes. I understand wanting to have as many sounds as you can but I just don't know all the sounds yet and having so many is a little over whelming.

This is why I wanted to move them off but not delete them for good. My main idea is to sample the sounds later, custom set up my call and uncluttered my remote for crow hunting right now ;)

NHhunter:

Once you have removed the files be sure to use the programmer to move the rest of the files to the top. When you are uploading a new playlist to the TX9, it is going to stop at the first blank number. EX. you have 000-012 but skip 013. The remote thinks it is done and ends the upload at that point.

Thanks Scott ;) That's exactly what was happening because I left a double space gap from the coyote and my crow sounds :o