PDA

View Full Version : Fox decoy and crow decoy ???

Hunter250xr
03-09-2012, 06:18 PM
A buddy of mine recommended trying something I havent ever have thought to, and that was using a gray fox decoy and surround with crow decoys... Apparently crows hate fox?? He gave me his mounted grey fox to try and said rig a crow decoy so it looks like its hanging from it's mouth. He swears it will work but I have never seen this technique or read about it... Does anyone have any suggestions? Opinions? Experience using this type? I have only ever used crow decoys spread out in a field with a couple in a tree nearby. Also, does the amount of decoys matter?? I currently am using about 25-28 flambeau decoys and have better success on some days than others. Should I use less? Any input is appreciative! Thank you all

zr2paul
03-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Try some motion decoys in the setup...when you have that many and none are moving I would think the crows will get wise real fast. Add a black plastic bag or something to a few of the decoys to offer some sort of movement.

As for the fox theory, never tried it but it doesnt hurt to try!

Paul

COYOTEECROWNEE
12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I can believe that fox is on yhe crows hate list....A racoon skin wrapped around a football works well also, apparently old black foot hates them as wel. My son in law and I won a crow rodeo in our state of Louisiana by tying a string to each end of the skin covered ball and pulled back in forth across a pipeline whenever an up set crow could see it! I promise they fell in like Comokosie piloots.