PDA

View Full Version : Other sounds for the foxpro

buckshot
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I have all the traditional foxpro sounds for crow, but was looking for more, was also thinking about getting the prairie blaster and selling my FX3. Does it have quite a bit more volume or is it just a bigger unit, otherwise if the snow crow pro is very mobile, I would consider that. Really hooked on crow hunting, pounded 21 last wednesday in Wisconsin and hoping to go tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Brad

boroutdoors
01-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey I'm from just north of La Crosse, I have the Fury, and I love bust'n crows too. We've been trying to perfect our crow sets, and was just about to purchase a prairie blaster or something with more volume. I picked up an external speeker, and didn't get any better response with more volume. Infact the higher the volume the higher the crows flew. We start out loud then tone it down quite a bit. Depending on the wind about 22-26 on volume is plenty. The crows out flying around are doing all the calling anyway. Biggest thing we have found to kill crows is you need some eye appeal. Best setups so far have been a 3d deer decoy with a pile of greatstuff covered in red and yellow paint to make it look like a gut pile & a few decoys set out around it. Next best has been a predator decoy like a quivering rabbit with a few decoys scattered around. They really like to fly in low to take a better look.

As soon as things slow down (20-30 min) we jump in the pickup or snowmobile and drive 2-3 miles and setup again.

boroutdoors
01-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Another thing we found - always hunt the tops of ridges or fields on top of ridges, or open area's where they can't have a higher vantage point and land and watch you. If you can stay away from tree's that helps too, they tend to fly above the tree tops so the higher the tree's or obstacles for them to fly over the further out of range they will be.