PDA

View Full Version : New fury won't back up ?

mainehunter
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I just purchased a new Fury last night and am trying to back up my files and add a few new ones to it. I have the utility downloaded to my pc ok I can connect the call to it and it will display all the sounds on the right hand list but when i hit back up after the second pop up screen then the progress bar comes up and the just stays at one and then get the error ( program not responding)

Has anyone else had this issue or know what I am doing wrong? I am on my laptop, gateway running windows 7 home.

Thanks for any help ,, I can't wait to take this thing out and whack some dogs :D

cobb
12-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I had the same problem, I would get one block on the progress bar and if I remember right I got a 52 error. This happend several times, I tried to re-boot and that didn't help and I am running XP. De-installed and reinstalled, then I would get to 3 or 4 blocks on the progress bar and it would error. So what I did is de-installed again and deleted the original download.

Now this may seem like an over kill, but this is what I did. After all was de-installed and original download deleted, I re-booted my PC. I then downloaded the program utility again from FoxPro. Making sure no other applications were open, I installed it again. After the program installed, I restarted my computer again and it now works fine. I have moved sounds around, created 3 backups, moved an old copy of a back up to another fine, installed some new sounds, basically played with it and all works just fine now. Like I said, maybe an over kill, but windows can be funny at time and I find that if I make a change or two, it is better to re-boot the PC to let it save its setting and come back up.

Anywho, it worked for me. :D

mainehunter
12-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply Cobb! I deleted the program tonight and re installed it, also used a new cable and it worked this time :D