PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Crow Hunting

TROP
08-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Anyone ever have any luck crow hunting using a spifire caller.

steppara
08-31-2011, 08:18 PM
I bought a Firestorm for coyotes, but I also use it for crows. First time I used it, it took about 20 seconds before I had crows flying over me. You can get the same sounds for your spitfire from foxpro. I like the sound named "crows" wich is very realistic. You get responses very fast. Also, be ready because you can get one or two crows flying silently to see what's going on. After you shot a few times, crows will fly away. I got them back very fast using the "Crow Duet" sound. Sounds like young crows in trouble and I was surprised how good it worked.
Using a few decoys (4 to 8) help a lot to get them closer for the shot. I was also succesful with only one crow decoy. Actualy, I use to call them with a hand call with no decoy. Usually one to 4 crows come at range, but after you empty your magasine, the hunt is over..
Good Luck !

SkyPup
08-31-2011, 09:11 PM
The very first time I tried out my new SpitFire about three weeks ago I was messing around with the standard sounds that came programmed into it and one of them was Crow Fight. I turned that on top volume #5 and within 30 seconds I had hundreds of crows all over the place. My wife was about 1/2 mile away at our horse stable and she could not believe the racket from where I was behind out barn. Let me tell you I was really freaked out to see so many crows all over the place so fast, it was insane.

I don't hunt crows, but was just trying out my new SpitFire and it damn sure works for crows BIGTIME!

SkyPup
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Just took my SpitFire out this afternoon about 90 minutes before sundown and hooked up my SP-55 speaker to it.

Turned on CROW FIGHT and within two minutes I was covered with up to 250+ crows.

Just wanted to make sure that calling crows with the SpitFire was no fluke.

It certainly was not, thing works like gangbusters on crows.:)

Big Daddy
02-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh it works just fine, took a buddy of mine's Spitfire set it on the truck we were in, turned on crow fight and sat there and within 30 seconds had 50 crows circleing the truck..........I went home and ordered me a spitfire reconditioned which should arrive tomorrow. :D

imnohero
12-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Sounds like tons of fun skypup, i have to give that a try.

Swift One
12-26-2013, 10:12 PM
I use mine all the time for Crow Calling...

Cornelius74d
12-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Just tried mine out this morning. Didn't have any big flocks come in, just singles and pairs. I need to practice my shooting that's for sure! I did knock one down though. It is a lot of fun!http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/Cornelius74d/IMG_1583.jpg

Swift One
12-29-2013, 08:36 AM
I generally dont call in big numbers at once myself. Pairs and maybe threes. Ill get that for a few times then ill move in to the next location. Kind of like running and gunning.

Cornelius74d
12-29-2013, 09:42 AM
that's how it went too, guess I'm going to have to go again next weekend :) Friday through Sunday here in Ohio.

FearNot
12-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Give it a try its a ton of fun