PDA

View Full Version : fx5 remote problems

twippin
04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
So I went to move around some sounds on my fx5. Didn't have any problems uploading to the call. But when I went to upload to my remote it takes way longer then a few min like instructions say, and will only upload around 17 then stop the download. none of the call names come up just really spotty lines and dashes. As if almost the screen is messed up. but when i first turn on the remote it reads out the foxpro logo fine... bought in late 09...
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME..................:mad::mad:

FPScott
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Did you use the programming utility to move your sounds around or did you try to rename the sounds? If you did not use the utility, make sure that all of your sounds are numbered in order and starting at 000, 001 etc. all the way to the last sound. Check that you do not have any duplicate numbers and no blank spaces between sounds. Example 000,001,004 as this can cause disruption of the upload.

twippin
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
I used the programming software that I downloaded from you website. At one point I only uploaded 10 sounds and it still did the same thing

FPScott
04-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Check to be sure the cable you are using is a stereo cable and not a mono cable. Each end should have 2 black rings on it. If you are using the correct style cable it could be that the cable is bad. I would try another one. This cable can be found at any local electronics store or even the big chain stores.

chillydigits
04-25-2011, 07:23 PM
with your FX5 plugged into your computer look at the drive using your my computer prompt, I had a similar problem with the remote showing odd things and the culprit was I had used the "insert" feature of the foxpro program and had multiple instances of 2 sounds sharing the same slot number in the caller..

bobeano
06-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Check to be sure the cable you are using is a stereo cable and not a mono cable. Each end should have 2 black rings on it. If you are using the correct style cable it could be that the cable is bad. I would try another one. This cable can be found at any local electronics store or even the big chain stores.

i had the exact problem,i thought the fx5 and jack-n-box used the same cable
but there not.

twippin
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Still having problems guys. Idk what the deal is I might have to give you guys a call