PDA

View Full Version : Programming Utility does not see files on FOXPRO supplied microSD card w/sounds

DiRTY DOG
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Trying to reprogram my Spitfire. Have sound folders, backed up too, although there was no backup button displayed like the directions said. A warning box popped up that said to backup but I had to manually backup the files. I've got the sounds listed in the "source sound" column. Plugged the micro SD card (came with the unit with 24 sounds) into a reader and selected it as the "select device", drive "l" in my case.

Nothing. The column is empty. My computer can read the info from the SD card, but nothing shows up in the "caller sound files" column on the programing utility. Tried two different adapters, can read the info from both adapters on my computer, but no info shows up in the "caller sound files" column.

???

Dakota
01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Dirty Dog, Had the same problem. You need to rename the sd card. Put Sd card in reader, click on computer on your desktop, right click on " I " drive in your case, click on rename an type in "SP1". After you do that you should be good to go.
Dakota

FPMikeK
01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey Dirty Dog, Had the same problem. You need to rename the sd card. Put Sd card in reader, click on computer on your desktop, right click on " I " drive in your case, click on rename an type in "SP1". After you do that you should be good to go.
Dakota

And if this doesn't fix it for you, uninstall the utility that came on the card and download the most up to date version of our programming utility off our main site. There could be a small chance the utility on that card is out of date and doesn't recognize Spitfires. You can find the current version of the utility here. (http://www.gofoxpro.com/software/program.php)

DiRTY DOG
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Ok, I renamed the factory issued memory card to "SP1" and now it works. It was named "SPF" from the factory. Thanks.

Dakota
01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
No Problem Dirty Dog, glad to be able to help. Good luck!

mofireman
01-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Dakota is at it again!! Good work man. Two thumbs up for your willingness to help out those in need.

MoFire

Dakota
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey Mofire, firm believer in what goes around comes around. Needed help myself today in programing my Spitfire. Purchased some new sounds today from froxpro an had a new SD card but after programing it, it just wouldn't play the new sounds. Called foxpro & did some trouble shooting with one of the techs & we discovered that it was the new sd card that was causing the grief. We now know that the "Lexar" micro SD cards do not work in the spitfire. Thank-you Scott at foxpro for your patience & help. Great customer service!
Dakota

swampdogger
01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Dakota, if the "Lexar" micro sd card did not work, which one did ? I bought the "Dane-elec " micro-sd card for the my Scorpion, have not tried it yet, hope it work's.

Dakota
01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
swampdogger, I believe that most cards will work, however when talking to Scott at foxpro he did mention another brand that they also discovered didn't work in the callers but for the life of me I can.t remember what the other brand was. He did say that sand disk worked very well. Good luck