PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Cable you use?? Tips??

mofireman
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Guys/Gals,

I've been trying for a few weeks now to get my new MicroSD card, with newly arranged sounds, to transfer to my TX24 remote. I've had no luck thus far and I'm almost out of ideas. I'm wondering now if maybe I purchased the wrong type of patch cable from Radio Shack. Obviously it is a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm male to male.....but does it matter that it's a mono male to mono male? Am I missing something?

The package says 6.5 ft. attenuating dubbing cable!! The reason I'm curious is this....when I've inserted the new SD card into the slot, and I turn on the remote, it usually still says "Select Sound." My understanding is that anytime you insert a newly arranged SD card into the caller, connect the two devices with the cable and turn the remote on, that it should say "Turn on Caller," instead of "Select Sound." At least that's my understanding from reading all of the literature...

That being said, a few times after I've turned the remote on and it's said "Select Sound," I've gently twisted one of the 3.5 mm ends and then it switches to "Turn on Caller." But when I do turn on the caller, nothing else happens. It doesn't say "transferring" or anything!! I actually have to take the battery out of the remote to get it to shut off again. So I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone else out there with the Spitfire have experience uploading and transferring new sounds to a new SD card, and do you have any tips or advice? I'm not sure if I have a defective unit, the wrong cable, or what.

I've done the basics already...renamed the card SP1, formatted it to Fat32, used FoxPro Programmer to upload sounds to the card, ensured the sounds are numbered 000 through 023 with a space after, etc. etc. etc.

Any help is much appreciated!! Just not sure that I can keep a caller that I can't change the sounds on when it only carries 24 sounds....

Weasel
01-16-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/program.php

mofireman
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks Weasel,

But there's nothing there that I've not tried. I've exhausted everything from their web-site that I can think of. The only thing I'm not positive of, is if I'm using the correct type of cable. As I've stated, I can eventually get the remote to say "Turn on Caller," but I can't get anything to happen after that occurs!!

Leaning towards swapping it out with a new one to try my luck there....

MoFire

Dakota
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Did you buy a Mono or audio cable? only an audio cable will work. The way to tell the difference is that a Mono cable has one black band around the jack wereas an audio cable has two black bands around the jack

mofireman
01-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Dakota,

I think you're on to something. I have the mono cable with only one black band around each jack!!!!! So I need the audio cable which will have two black bands???

Now I feel stupid.....I'll give it a try.

Thanks a lot!

Weasel
01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
If that doesn't work give Foxpro a call. They can walk you through it step by step to determine what's going on.

mofireman
01-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Excellent. Thanks all!!

Dakota
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Yes Mofireman, Definitely needs the Audio cable, I am quite sure that is going to do the trick for you. Lets us know how you make out when you try the Audio cable.

mofireman
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
For all who have read this thread....I did purchase the "stereo audio cable" today from Radio Shack, and I just transferred the new sounds from my caller to my remote in a matter of seconds. I was trying to transfer these sounds using a "mono cable" that I went and purchasded, instead of the required "stereo cable." For novices, like me, who know just a little about these things, I feel this is an easy mistake to make.

So my only advice is to make sure that you have a stereo audio cable which has two small black rings (indicating stereo) on each male plug, rather than just one black ring (indicating mono) on each male plug.

Many thanks to Dakota for setting the record straight!!

Dakota
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
great job mofireman, Glad you were successful. Best of Luck!