PDA

View Full Version : Broke in the new Shotgun

venatic
12-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Got out and made a few stands with a new Browning Maxus. I am not sure but I cannot ever remember running out of shells while running and gunning crows but the first stand mainly because I had recently shot this spot I only carried 13 shells and I'll be danged that I shoot all my shells and crows are still flying in. I knocked down 9 but only 7 made the photo op.;)http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/venatic_photos/Foxpro%20Contest%20Pictures/IMG_0209.jpg

I was checking some new calling spots later that day and saw a bunch of crows off in a distant field so I drove about a 1/4 mile from a clump of pines that were in the middle of the pasture and walked back to that spot. I only had one full box of shells in the truck and remembering what happened earlier I tore the top off and stuck the whole box in my predator vest pocket.
I started off using Bob Aronsohn's Come here call then switched to Adult distress and when I realized my box of shells were gone I looked at the timer on my remote and it said 10 minutes 50 seconds.:D That was fun!!! I actually found 14 crows but I think there may have been other victims.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/venatic_photos/Foxpro%20Contest%20Pictures/IMG_0210.jpg

I made another crow stand in a giant briar patch under a couple of pecan trees the next morning after making a few empty coyotes stands and only took about 16 or so shells because I could not hear any crows around and you guessed..... yep ran out again. Not really sure how many I killed because I could not get to many of them but I would guess 8 or 9 at least. I think that is the best string of productive spots I have had. Usually if I kill 4 or 5 at each spot I am happy.

Weasel
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Way to bust those bad birds!

drummerlars
01-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Got out and made a few stands with a new Browning Maxus. I am not sure but I cannot ever remember running out of shells while running and gunning crows but the first stand mainly because I had recently shot this spot I only carried 13 shells and I'll be danged that I shoot all my shells and crows are still flying in. I knocked down 9 but only 7 made the photo op.;)[

I was checking some new calling spots later that day and saw a bunch of crows off in a distant field so I drove about a 1/4 mile from a clump of pines that were in the middle of the pasture and walked back to that spot. I only had one full box of shells in the truck and remembering what happened earlier I tore the top off and stuck the whole box in my predator vest pocket.
I started off using Bob Aronsohn's Come here call then switched to Adult distress and when I realized my box of shells were gone I looked at the timer on my remote and it said 10 minutes 50 seconds.:D That was fun!!! I actually found 14 crows but I think there may have been other victims.

I made another crow stand in a giant briar patch under a couple of pecan trees the next morning after making a few empty coyotes stands and only took about 16 or so shells because I could not hear any crows around and you guessed..... yep ran out again. Not really sure how many I killed because I could not get to many of them but I would guess 8 or 9 at least. I think that is the best string of productive spots I have had. Usually if I kill 4 or 5 at each spot I am happy.

Nice work mate. How do you find the Browning Maxus? Im getting one in about 2 weeks. Its a special permit here in Australia to own a semi auto. I can only use it for trap shooting. Thats the law here in Australia you can only hunt with side by ide shotguns and over and unders.

But if i can get one for trap then im happy.

Bob Aronsohn
01-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Venatic,

You're camo on the shotgun looks so good against the tree trunk that I'd be afraid of loosing my shotgun! lol.

Nice photo.

Bob A.